Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash player on the computers round the college

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Or lack thereof such rather

What is the craic with it?

I mean really

Im aware of 2 computer rooms outside the engineering block that have the latest version with youtube viewing capabilities. I consider this a breach of human rights and am willing to take my frustration to the UN or to the relevant person who is in charge of that sort of thing round here, whichever is easier.

Anyone have any idea whom he/she may be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PulsW

It'll work fine if you delete the browsing history.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

PulsW wrote: »
    It'll work fine if you delete the browsing history.

No dice im afraid, I think they might need an ould update or summit of that nature, not exactly my strong point though, the ould computer stuff that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I have flash 9 and youtube works fine (Except most vids keep stopping,starting,etc) I think its due to the HIGH BITRATE the files are being streamed at (Over 1000k which is ridiculous FOR FREE CONTENT!)

Good luck buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Quickest way around it is to download and install Chrome Portable to your H drive.
    You could choose Firefox portable either if you prefer, but that requires a step or 2 more. If you're techie enough to have a preferred browser the latter is no problem though :)

When I get the Computer Society up and running I intend to get a few tutorials online!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

BCawley wrote: »
    Quickest way around it is to download and install Chrome Portable to your H drive.
    You could choose Firefox portable either if you prefer, but that requires a step or 2 more. If you're techie enough to have a preferred browser the latter is no problem though :)

When I get the Computer Society up and running I intend to get a few tutorials online!

Good man, Firefox it is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BCawley wrote: »

Yeah, I've installed chrome portable on my H drive already, works perfectly. One of the lads did the same but had problems using an extension, can't remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

ha fond memories of trying to hack together plugin files for firefox when the portable version initially came out for this very purpose!! good times!!

@BCawley has the old compsoc closed up shop then? pity

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

PortableChrome + YouTube HTML5 preview!

Job done! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

wolf99 wrote: »
    ha fond memories of trying to hack together plugin files for firefox when the portable version initially came out for this very purpose!! good times!!

@BCawley has the old compsoc closed up shop then? pity

Not quite, still some life in the old horse yet!
    Thing is though we've got till February to find someone to keep it ticking over for the rest of the year, us 3rd years will be on work placement.

Do let me know if people are interested :P

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

@BCawley, If your stuck for someone to push the paper etc on it I'd volunteer, starting back in the ITS for a masters next week.

Dont know huge amount aboot comp sci though, just bits and pieces I picked up along the way of electronic engineering and amateur web design (tiny.cc/tobym). Let me know if I can help

• Advertisement
Advertisement