Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - "This web page is unavailable to view"

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Some sites I visit on my Samsung Galaxy S get the message "This web page is unavailable to view"

Any ideas what this is about?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

check the link, does it end up with .co.uk
    the irish one should be something like 3ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

It's not the link to the three site.
    It's a few sites that seem to be blocked.
    Most sites work but some are blocked.

I seem to have everything opened no problem, give me one of those sites and let me try myself and let you know then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

They are normally what are classed as adult websites. Three stop a lot of more adult things. You will have to hop on to wifi to see those ;)

well it seems you know the answer then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

angel01 wrote: »
    They are normally what are classed as adult websites. Three stop a lot of more adult things. You will have to hop on to wifi to see those ;)

Never blocked any adult sites for me:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Whats an adult site do? What would be on them?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

Never blocked any adult sites for me:cool:

Were you an existing 3 customer, not a major issue but a slight annoyance ;)

Were you an existing 3 customer, not a major issue but a slight annoyance ;)

I'm with them about 4 years, never had any problem accessing any websites..
    I know people on pay as you go used to have to get age verified so they could use the internet but anyone over 18 on a contract shouldn't have any problem.

The internet is 95% adult, there wouldn't be much left on it if you couldn't view adult sites. :)

I'm with them about 4 years, never had any problem accessing any websites..
    I know people on pay as you go used to have to get age verified so they could use the internet but anyone over 18 on a contract shouldn't have any problem.

The internet is 95% adult, there wouldn't be much left on it if you couldn't view adult sites. :)

Ah, I am new to them, only been with them 2 months.

• Advertisement

It shouldn't make any difference, I just googled angel and a few adult words(Purely for research purposes), no problem getting into anything.

I'd call the folks in india to see what's wrong, if only for the giggles. :D

It shouldn't make any difference, I just googled angel and a few adult words(Purely for research purposes), no problem getting into anything.

I'd call the folks in india to see what's wrong, if only for the giggles. :D

I just did and it was pointless. stuck on hold for god knows how long :rolleyes:

Gucky or Mathie must be holding them up

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Three blocks sites what are on the Internet Watch Foundation list. This list contains way more then adult sites, at some point it even blocked Wikipedia. And Three flat out refuse to remove the blocks. On called at least 4 times and was told that the block can not be removed.

Fine with me, I don't intend to become their customer until they start giving access to the whole internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

they havnt blocked me from getting onto any sites at all ever in the past 3years :D

I rang them, they are removing the block, may take 24-48 hours.

So they've said there was a block Angel? Hopefully you won't go blind once they remove it, Giggity Giggity:)

So they've said there was a block Angel? Hopefully you won't go blind once they remove it, Giggity Giggity:)

Yes, they said there was a block but you can request to be removed! It was blogs I was trying read :D

Yes, they said there was a block but you can request to be removed! It was blogs I was trying read :D

Interesting. They told me there is no way to remove the block - on at least 3 occasions!

blaz wrote: »
    Interesting. They told me there is no way to remove the block - on at least 3 occasions!

Are you bill pay, explain to them your over 18 and need to have free and open internet for work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Changing the apn from 3ireland.ie to 3internet works for me.

Are you bill pay, explain to them your over 18 and need to have free and open internet for work.

No, there is no way I would commit to bill pay with a company that is that incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wordsworth

Changing the apn from 3ireland.ie to 3internet works for me.

How do you change that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Its in your settings somewhere, depends on your phone.

Advertisement