Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 Hall of Fame

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

glenjamin wrote: »
    It's a complete joke that someone like Carey gets in whilst the likes of Sammartino, Macho Man, Rock, and loads more wrestlers are still waiting and might never get in.
    It is a celebrity wing, no problem with that. Those wrestlers do not want to be in that section of the hall (Where is the hall?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It's a complete joke that someone like Carey gets in whilst the likes of Sammartino, Macho Man, Rock, and loads more wrestlers are still waiting and might never get in.

Sammartino & Savage are in wwe's bad books at the moment both deserve their spot as do countless others Owen Hart,Rick Rude,Mick Foley,Kurt Angle,Vader & others. The Hall of Fame feels so phony & fake when sewage like Carey get into it.FÚCK the crap with Celeb Wing it isn't a actual place how could you have a wing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sammartino & Savage are in wwe's bad books at the moment both deserve their spot as do countless others Owen Hart,Rick Rude,Mick Foley,Kurt Angle,Vader & others. The Hall of Fame feels so phony & fake when sewage like Carey get into it.FÚCK the crap with Celeb Wing it isn't a actual place how could you have a wing in it.
    What?

It is a big hall where they keep the famous wrestlers, statues of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What?

Your not serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

people still take the WWE Hall of Fame seriously I see.

that's so cute.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It is a celebrity wing, no problem with that. Those wrestlers do not want to be in that section of the hall (Where is the hall?)

I believe the "Hall" is actually just the broom cupboard in Vince's summer house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What?

like that level in the original Mortal Kombat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

GTR63 wrote: »

I don't think Sammartino is in WWEs bad books, I think its the other way around? Sammartino wants nothing to do with McMahon if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I don't think Sammartino is in WWEs bad books, I think its the other way around? Sammartino wants nothing to do with McMahon if I'm not mistaken.
    What's the story with Sammartino and Vince anyhow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Being in McMahon's bad books wont stop him inducting you if he believes you are worthy. He's inducted a fair few people who he has had high profile rifts with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Charisteas wrote: »
    Being in McMahon's bad books wont stop him inducting you if he believes you are worthy. He's inducted a fair few people who he has had high profile rifts with.

I'm fairly sure they have to consent to being in the HOF, look at Owen Hart as a prime example of that. He may have had high-profile rifts with people but they always agreed to be entered, and to show up and make a speech etc, Sammartino wants nothing to do with them. If vince had free reign on HOF entry, Owen would be in.
    What's the story with Sammartino and Vince anyhow?

Sammartino hates Vince for the direction he has taken the company in specifically the attitude era and all the sleaziness that came with it, as well as Vince Jr. obliterating territories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Sammartino hates Vince for the direction he has taken the company in specifically the attitude era and all the sleaziness that came with it, as well as Vince Jr. obliterating territories.

And the amount of drug use Bruno saw that was under Vince's nose during the mid to late 80s when Bruno returned to the company.

Vince also lied to Bruno about bringing him to strictly manage his son as Vince ended up manipulating Bruno into wrestling again under the impression that it would help Bruno's son's career.

Advertisement