Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's traffic like from the westside of the city into town at around 2 like these da

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Just realised I'll have exactly 10 mins to get somewhere important this afternoon. I haven't experienced traffic in the daytime since the road works. Will it be bad?:/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The road works have not really started yet so it should not be a problem I just came through there at 11.30pm and had a straight run all the way to the Tuam Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

It's always pretty bad but IMO it's bad between 12.30 until school runs are over, then evening traffic starts!

Depends on where exactly you're coming from/going to

Maybe try cut through shantalla or taylors?

I avoid main roads as much as possible. I'd rather take longer route and be moving than be stuck in traffic!

Q justmary with bus timetable:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Lunch time traffic ending, school traffic starting, you might sneak it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Of course it will not be bad.
    Obviously if you are driving a motor vehicle, then you may see queues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I often go around that time. It's relatively clear. It depends where exactly you need to get to and if you need parking or if someone's dropping you off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So how did it go?
    Where were you going? From where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks everyone!
    I got there in the nick of time Biko. Left at exactly 1.50 and arrived on Merchants Road at exactly 2 on the dot!:)

Apparently graduations are slowing traffic a bit but it was fine for me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

magentas wrote: »
    Q justmary with bus timetable:D

:D right back at ya!

If I had to get from Westside to town in 10 minutes, I'd ride my broomstick ... no other way is guaranteed!

Seriously, IMHO traffic conditions seem to be as much due to random chance as anything else. Heck, it was really bad around 7:30ish last night (ie Sunday) - no good reason for that at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

JustMary wrote: »
    :D right back at ya!

If I had to get from Westside to town in 10 minutes, I'd ride my broomstick ... no other way is guaranteed!

I can do it in 7 on my crappy mountain bike. :D I know the op has already made the journey but I think its worth noting that the road works have only started on the seamus quirke road atm (unless that changed this morning???)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can do it in 7 on my crappy mountain bike. :D I know the op has already made the journey but I think its worth noting that the road works have only started on the seamus quirke road atm (unless that changed this morning???)

6.5 minutes on my fast efficient clean lean cycle machine..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol I'm sure to cut at least a minute off that time when I get a real bike so... :P

Advertisement