Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a dishwasher

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Can anyone advise me what shops in Sligo sell dishwashers? Looked in some shops in Castlebar over the weekend and think I need more choice so going to Sligo next saturday...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Currys in the retail park.
    McDonaghs electrical at the back of the Quayside.
    Taheneys at Market Cross.

Not sure if I've forgotten any.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I wouldn't recommend Currys as their customer service is atrocious. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

genie wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend Currys as their customer service is atrocious. :(

Very true.

I wouldn't recommend McDonaghs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Very true.

I wouldn't recommend McDonaghs either.

That's true, too. I went to them looking for a chest freezer and they couldn't care less. I ended up getting one in Reillys in Enniskillen. They delivered it and it was well worth the extra £25 or so. If I cannot get satisfactory service down here then I will take my custom up North, simple as that. :)

However, there is also King and Moffatt in Carrick on Shannon, and who have just taken over Emmett Electrical in Boyle. Can be pricey, though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Would be interested in why you might think that and what experience you had with the team that made you so negative. Hopefully we could learn something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

genie wrote: »
    That's true, too. I went to them looking for a chest freezer and they couldn't care less.

I got a dishwasher from the one in Collooney before it shut... the thing broke down before the warranty ran out, so I went to the one in town to see if they could do anything. As they were seperate companies, I was told that there was nothing they could do - which is fair enough & I accepted that - but they were so rude about it, they stopped just a little short of telling me to feck off.

As for Currys... meh. I can't be arsed explaining why I wouldn't shop there - it would take me too long to explain - and to be frank, if a managing director of a company has no idea why people think the customer service in one of his retail outlets is poor, well you have to ask yourself where the problem starts & where it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I will never shop in currys ever again after the trouble i had with a dishwasher i bought there and the hastle to get them to do anything about it , totaly disinterested staff , the engineer who finaly appeared after spending a fortune on phone calls ,blamed my water preasure for the problem which turned out to be a factory fault and not an apology for the damn thing flooding my kitchen. not impressed at all won't go back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

I will never shop in currys ever again after the trouble i had with a dishwasher i bought there and the hastle to get them to do anything about it , totaly disinterested staff , the engineer who finaly appeared after spending a fortune on phone calls ,blamed my water preasure for the problem which turned out to be a factory fault and not an apology for the damn thing flooding my kitchen. not impressed at all won't go back :mad:
    I'll keep trying. I'd be interested in the details of the problem, the call and the eventual diagnosis and fix. We'll only get our service right when we understand where it goes wrong and how customers get to hold the fairly trenchant views that you hold. I don't think our staff in Sligo are disinterested in our customers but that view is being expressed here. I'd be interested in exploring the details. I'm sure our new store manager in Sligo would be keen to know too. But no problem either if you don't want to go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'll keep trying. I'd be interested in the details of the problem, the call and the eventual diagnosis and fix. We'll only get our service right when we understand where it goes wrong and how customers get to hold the fairly trenchant views that you hold. I don't think our staff in Sligo are disinterested in our customers but that view is being expressed here. I'd be interested in exploring the details. I'm sure our new store manager in Sligo would be keen to know too. But no problem either if you don't want to go into it.

I hope you don't mind me saying this Declan but as an employee of Curry's and a representative of them here on boards.ie you said that you don't think the staff are disinterested in their customers when in this thread alone three people have expressed dissatisfaction with the service they have received and as a result have taken their custom elsewhere. Being honest I buy some electronic equipment in Curry's and spend a good bit over the course of the year in PC World. I am just fortunate and lucky that I am good with electronics/computers and know what I want so I don't really need to ask the staff unless I just chat to them. Being honest I have seen arguements in the stores in Sligo with customers looking for advice from staff who have very little knowledge of the sales stock. I have helped out several people over the course of the year as they found the service by some of the staff to be almost non-existent and lacking in the knowledge of the products in question. I'm sorry to say this to you Declan but it is true and being honest really should be addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 woman

Thanks magnumlady for your suggestions, I rang those three places along with loads of others in Mayo and finally I got my dishwasher in Archers Ballina as I found them the cheapest

• Advertisement
Advertisement