Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratched 32" LCD Screen

• 18-10-2010 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Help, my 2 year old daughter just took a screwdriver to my 32" LCD TV.
    There's about 6 scratches which are very noticeable with a white background.
    I rang Phillips but it would cost more than the price of a new one to replace screen.

Googling threw up 3 ideas of using vaseline, an eraser or a felt tip dremel.
    Has anyone success with LCD scratch repair & could they advise please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

bummer unlucky mate :(, sorry can't help but im sure someone on the boards can point you in the right direction :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Howdy,

Polishing scratches out of a glass/coated screen is near enough impossible and could well make your problem far worse. If you decide to give it a go, please remember that while the Web is full of useful advice, its full of useless advice too, and you're on your own once any more damage is done!

If it was me and the scratches were not very obtrusive in normal viewing, I might be inclined to leave it alone, rather then make it worse.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mike tv . sports

i'd agree with Ritz,

try washable things but I'd say after a while you don't even notice the damage-

The new TVs don't seem to have a long life span anyway- so maybe the Jan sales could be a good time to buy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could try to see if you can claim off your household insurance.

Advertisement