Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man sought over Woolwich dog attack YouTube video

• 18-10-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

We all remembered what happened the lady who put the cat in the wheelie bin.. this guy deserves much worse!

Scumbag!
    Man sought over Woolwich dog attack YouTube video
    Man kicks dog The man kicks the dog on two occasions

The RSCPA is hoping to trace a man apparently seen kicking his dog on a video online.

The footage, posted on the website YouTube, was purportedly shot in Knee Hill Park, Woolwich, in south-east London.

It shows a man in a white hooded top making a fawn-coloured dog run before kicking it twice.

The RSPCA described the footage as "extremely shocking" and asked members of the public to identify the culprit.

On several occasions the man pulls the dog into the air by its lead.

A spokesman for the charity said: "The footage is extremely shocking as it shows what appears to be a man deliberately kicking the dog with some considerable force.

"We are hoping that someone will recognise the person in the video and contact us with more information so we can find out who is responsible."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I would have thought that trapping a cat in a bin is worse than giving a dog a kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think this seems worse - probably due to the fact he's inflicting physical violence on the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

He wouldn't dare try that against a real person who could defend his/herself. Cowardly scumbag.

basquille wrote: »
    I think this seems worse - probably due to the fact he's inflicting physical violence on the dog.

Cat could have died though - either through exposure or by compaction in the lorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

some people are just unbelievable! who could inflict that kind of violence on a dog, or any animal, it's disgusting! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cat could have died though - either through exposure or by compaction in the lorry.
    We're splitting hairs to be honest..

Both incidents were very cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I love the complete overreaction of people to a dog getting a boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

orourkeda wrote: »
    I love the complete overreaction of people to a dog getting a boot.
    why?

why?

because it's a complete overreaction.

he'll be fined a small amount (assuming he's caught)

Judging by the reaction in this thread you'd think it was mass murder he'd committed

Sykk wrote: »
    He wouldn't dare try that against a real person who could defend his/herself. Cowardly scumbag.

People commit acts of violence against other people every day. Maybe he doesnt but other people do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People commit acts of violence against other people every day. Maybe he doesnt but other people do.

Ok so were do you stand is kicking a dog nice or not that nice? Another qeustion would be do you think its normal for a boy to want to kick a dog? Its often indicative of mental problems and an inclination for violence. People who do this to dogs or animals smaller than them are definatly not what we call the full shilling. It shows a sadistic streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I have to admit, I was expecting worse when I read the replies here and on the You Tube site. I watched the video; although I don't condone his behaviour, it's hardly 'barbaric'.

It looks like the dog doesn't want to go with him. Did he steal it from somewhere/someone? Maybe the dog is scared of him as he always mis-treats it. Who knows. Maybe he's just un-educated in the ways to treat and control animals; and was in a hurry to get somewhere.

There was no need for him to try to control the dog the way he did though.

Maybe you should have to pass some sort of handling test before being granted a dog llicence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Generally people can defend themselves or run away.
    This dog is tethered to this sh1thole. Can only imagine it will face alot worse when there is no-one around.

Your attitude and those like you - "sure it's only a dog" really stinks. Until we start caring about dogs/cats/horses how the hell is this society meant to improve.

Just seems that every day there are more and more of these examples of pure scum walking our streets.
    Finglas - Bray - both places where lovely "innocent" children destroyed dogs with fireworks.

Over-reaction indeed. You want an over-reaction - give me and a few others here 10 min alone with any of those scumbags and lets see where the dirt lies.

Taltos wrote: »
    This dog is tethered to this sh1thole. Can only imagine it will face alot worse when there is no-one around.

Your attitude and those like you - "sure it's only a dog" really stinks. Until we start caring about dogs/cats/horses how the hell is this society meant to improve.

Just seems that every day there are more and more of these examples of pure scum walking our streets.
    Finglas - Bray - both places where lovely "innocent" children destroyed dogs with fireworks.

Over-reaction indeed. You want an over-reaction - give me and a few others here 10 min alone with any of those scumbags and lets see where the dirt lies.

Because of course, it is our failure to respect animal welfare that has us in the fiscal shit.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ok so were do you stand is kicking a dog nice or not that nice? Another qeustion would be do you think its normal for a boy to want to kick a dog? Its often indicative of mental problems and an inclination for violence. People who do this to dogs or animals smaller than them are definatly not what we call the full shilling. It shows a sadistic streak.

I never said it was nice.

However, to suggest that kicking a dog is indicative of mental problems is a bit of a leap to put it mildly and presumptive in the extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

This dog is tethered to this sh1thole.

Its that^ which pisses me off about this.

The animal can't get away from the stupid little knacker. Its one quarter his size (but not far off his intelligence). Its a dog, they do tend to pull on their lead a bit. Getting kicked & choked is not an appropriate correction. Its not the worst ive seen but its deeply cowardly behaviour all the same.

If he did it on a busy street he'd probably get the sh!t kicked out of him. I just hope he gets a few slaps off someone who sees the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

how come all the videos on t'internet of people kicking people dont get their own thread? why is this special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I think this forum has hit a new low with some of the comments on this thread.

Lets put some of these posters on a leash, throw them up into the air and give them a few hard kicks to see if they still think it is acceptable to abuse a living being.

I reckon this video is the tip of the iceberg in terms of what abuse this animal is receiving. I hope they find this guy ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

basquille wrote: »
    We're splitting hairs to be honest..

Someone bins a cat, kicks a dog, and now you two are gutting leporids too?! Good lord, there's no end to the cruelty!

Seriously though, that's pretty sick. I cant understand peoples' cruelty to animals. Personally, I really dislike cats, but I'd never hurt one intentionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I never said it was nice.

However, to suggest that kicking a dog is indicative of mental problems is a bit of a leap to put it mildly and presumptive in the extreme.

**if** its a regular occurrence, and he gets pleasure out of it, it's not a stretch at all to say he has defects in his frontal cortex.

i'd be worried if i discovered anyone i knew enjoyed torturing animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I would put on steel toe caps and give him a few kicks see how he likes it. The dog looks VERY VERY thin too, I can see he has a look of a grey hound about him but still very thin.

The poor little pet, to see him falling over and scrambling back up brought tears of pain and anger to my eyes. Why do people like this have animals? A dog will show you nothing but unconditional love even though it's abused. Poor little pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Ah that makes it okay then. Seems your defending what he's done as I look at your other posts. You seem like a sound lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Ah its not that bad. I agree, its not nice, and yerman should get a few kicks himself for doing it, but by some of the reactions, I thought it would be someone tying a dog to a pole and kicking him to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Jesus christ, I was expecting far worse than what's in the video after reading the replies here, I know it's bad, but far worse shìt happens to animals but just because it doesn't go online it goes unnoticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

To me it looks like he's trying to get the dog to hurry up, but the dog wont because hes petrified of the guy,which may indicate this is constantly going on. Looks to be a young dog too. Hes definately using excessive force but you see people all the time giving their dogs a hard pull or a whack for not walking the way they want them too, just not to this extent.

Id be more worried about the little ****s with bangers in Ireland in the next 2 weeks and their treatment of dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I blame the dog whisperer. He tells people to give the dog a quick kick when they are behaving like that during a walk. This is someone who has completely misunderstood the method and reason for it.

Not the biggest offence in the world is it, i'd still love to kick him in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I think its fair to say "The Stocks" should be reinstated for people like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Lets put some of these posters on a leash, throw them up into the air and give them a few hard kicks to see if they still think it is acceptable to abuse a living being.

I reckon this video is the tip of the iceberg in terms of what abuse this animal is receiving. I hope they find this guy ASAP.

Thats a fairly big assumption based on a few seconds of video. This is hardly proof of animal cruelty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

df1985 wrote: »
    Id be more worried about the little ****s with bangers in Ireland in the next 2 weeks and their treatment of dogs.

i hate this time of year (approaching halloween) when there seems to be an increase in these kinds of scumbaggy attacks on animals .

it would be nice of the dog in this case, later savaged the scumbag in the video while he's comatosed on bad smack.

Sykk wrote: »
    Ah that makes it okay then. Seems your defending what he's done as I look at your other posts. You seem like a sound lad.

Where in this thread did I say it was ok?

Twist my words whatever way you like but I never said or suggested it was OK. I merely stated that some people overreact to situations like these.

So your solution to someone posting a clip on youtube kicking a dog is to seek "10 minutes alone" with these "scumbags".

The smell of double standard off this post is incredible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

advocating a bit of S&M in the afternoon... nice!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Horrible man, I hope Karma bites him in the ass :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

lol, compaction?

That'd be squishing.

• Advertisement

So your solution to someone posting a clip on youtube kicking a dog is to seek "10 minutes alone" with these "scumbags".

The smell of double standard off this post is incredible.

The solution is to whip that skanger and his dog into surgery and switch their brains.
    Dogs hanging around in parks pissing on everything and harrassing everything else that passes isn't as bad.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

k_mac wrote: »
    I blame the dog whisperer. He tells people to give the dog a quick kick when they are behaving like that during a walk. This is someone who has completely misunderstood the method and reason for it.

I think you may have completely misunderstood that too. He never tells anyone to 'give the dog a quick kick' ever.

It's using your foot (which is closer to the dog on the ground) to touch it and encourage it to move forward. That's not what the guy in the video is doing, but there is a difference between 'kicking' a dog and 'touching' one with your foot.

When I'm at home, if I'm barefoot and the dog is lying on the floor, sometimes he'll roll over on his back and look for me to rub his belly with my feet. The dog enjoys it, and doesn't think I'm kicking him just because I'm using my feet.

Apologies if that's slightly off topic.

PMSL @ the Dog Whisperer comment.
    If he saw this skangers actions on that dog he would have La Eme on his case.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

It appears someone on Youtube knows the guy??

"This idiots name is ARTHUR KENT from BEXLEYHEATH. His mums name is angela jones. Family full of scum!!!!! They breed dogs aswell!!! Scrounge benefits n cant even afford to feed them!!! His mums facebook profile pic is of a white staffy n on her pictures (first photo album) thers a pic of him holding that lercher in the same clothes!!!!!!! Arthur kents profile pic is of him and 2 white staffs, no pic on his profile of him and the lurcher, sum1 give him a slap!!!!!!!"

Either way the guy is a complete tool who needs a good seeing too. :mad:

Advertisement