Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have any females in Ireland not had a baby in the past 2 years?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nobody "has to" act thrilled over people they don't, or barely, know having a child, nobody "has to" coo over the baby when (s)he is brought into work - it's something some people get really pissed off about (others having babies) which really puzzles me, and I can't help but think it's symptomatic of something deeper.
    CathyMoran wrote: »
    am over 6 weeks pregnant with my last child.
    Ooh congratumalations! :D
    candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Are all these women under 30?
    What if they are?
    Its the people who think that having children is the be all and end all and that the people who have kids deserve more respect (and money) than others that p*** me off!
    The deserving more respect thing I'd understand, the money thing... don't know what you mean, the be all and end all thing - maybe some people do consider it the be all and end all... their choice?
    What happened to people just liking their life as is, once you have a good job, nice place to live, savings are happy with your lot then whats the problem?!
    :confused:
    They want to live their lives their way, you want to live your life your way - what's the problem?
    The trick is to have loads of kids, at least 6 or 7, and you'll make a fortune on the social welfare/childrens allowance
    No you won't.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Anyone else's office have The Baby Chair?

we have a Baby Chair in the office and everyone who has sat in it gets knocked up. :eek:

one year there were 5 out of 20 staff preggers. they sat in that chair. i never sat in it. ive no kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Colder winters and rampant unemployment make for a lot of bom chicka wow wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Neyite wrote: »

we have a Baby Chair in the office and everyone who has sat in it gets knocked up. :eek:

one year there were 5 out of 20 staff preggers. they sat in that chair. i never sat in it. ive no kids.

Is that the chair with the small round hole cut in the middle of the seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Sound logic, don't let anyone touch your knee aswell as that's a sure way to get pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Why does the OP seem to think that women manufacture babies all by themselves? Surely he's also seen a lot of men who've become fathers recently.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Guilty as charged, I gave birth in December 2008 and February 2010. Two daughters. I'm going to be cliché here and say they are the two best things that have ever happened to me.

I'm 23 and no more kiddies for me.

I was working while pregnant on number 1 and number 2 and there was 11 other women pregnant with me on the same floor in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There seem to be a lot of very heavily pregnant women knocking about at the moment. Might have had something to do with all that snow we had 9 months ago. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wonder did it come from an office I worked in years ago. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Why do women who have babies LOVE to talk and talk and talk about their babies? Once you have a baby you lose the ability to hold a regular conversation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've not had a baby, yet. One day I want to have one baby, no more.

Why do women who have babies LOVE to talk and talk and talk about their babies? Once you have a baby you lose the ability to hold a regular conversation?
    Because it's a really, really big, life-changing deal. There are women though who like to talk about other stuff when they get a chance to, as they want a bit of time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not all women talk about their kids 24/7, they like to have normal conversations too, believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

In my job its apparently "in the water" I'll bring my own bottled water thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I've not had a baby, yet. One day I want to have one baby, no more.

So it's waiting, for Godot.

It's shocking the way people are being forced against their will to have babies - The Handmaid's Tale come to life... :(

Not all women talk about their kids 24/7, they like to have normal conversations too, believe me!

These women worry me though. If I ever become a mother, I don't want to stop being me and just be a mother, if that makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

These women worry me though. If I ever become a mother, I don't want to stop being me and just be a mother, if that makes sense

Yes, I don't mind having a conversation with a friend about their baby, it's a big part of their life, particularly if it's their first one etc etc, but I don't need to know how many times a day they have to change their nappies and what the contents of said nappies were.

I have a friend who rings me every now and again, she has a 5 year old and regularly lapses into the minute details of what he had for dinner and when he put on his pyjamas for bed etc, and I really don't care. She also rings me for parenting advice which I find a bit strange as I don't have children, only 2 jack russells, so most of my advice is based on them. Even more strange is that she seems to think it's great!

Ah see, I couldn't care less. I'm not maternal at all, and I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to talk about things I have no interest in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

While nobody wants to hear people rabbiting on about their kids non-stop, maybe your mates should also consider blowing the whistle on all those torturous hours spent nodding in mute affirmation about your latest boyfriend/girlfriend/heartless bastard/unpleasant boss or Your Hopes and Dreams.

I've never treated my friends purely on the basis of purely what they can do for me though or expected their interests and lives to mirror my interests.

stovelid wrote: »
    While nobody wants to hear people rabbiting on about their kids non-stop, maybe your mates should also consider blowing the whistle on all those torturous hours spent nodding in mute affirmation about your latest boyfriend/girlfriend/heartless bastard/unpleasant boss or Your Hopes and Dreams.

Well its a good thing I don't talk about these things either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Well its a good thing I don't talk about these things either :P

Why would you think I was bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Mary Harney hasn't.

Any day now, those octuplets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Kiera wrote: »
    I havent had one nor do i want one. Like my freedom too much.

besides, nothin beats shiftin anyways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Dudess wrote: »
    Nobody "has to" act thrilled over people they don't, or barely, know having a child, nobody "has to" coo over the baby when (s)he is brought into work

It's because people get offended if you don't express interest in the baby

I'd burn it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Demonique wrote: »
    I'd burn it

I'd check underneath it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Heheh, everytime I ring any of the lads back home the 1st thing I ask is: "So, any new engagements or babies on the way?"

Lo and behold, most times somebody we know (usually in the 18 - 25 year old area) is either knocked up or engaged.

So many of the wimmen in the town are becoming baby factories lately. Many of which were my exes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

What if they are?

The deserving more respect thing I'd understand, the money thing... don't know what you mean, the be all and end all thing - maybe some people do consider it the be all and end all... their choice?

:confused:
    They want to live their lives their way, you want to live your life your way - what's the problem?

Well, and yes i am generalising:D, but it seems that the younger a girl is when she is pregnant it usually means that either she thinks its "the thing to do" or all her friends are doing it, or she just didnt think.
    But I could be wrong.:)

Oh yeah and I think you do get quite the small fortune from having kids, the more the better lol, tbh in this country it seems the best thing to be is on your own, with at least 6 kids and never worked.

But why must someone get more respect for having a baby?! its their choice! Like when you here on the news that a young pregnant woman was killed/beaten up then its generalised that you feel more sad than if it was just a woman. :mad:

I have no problem with people doing what they want, but when they try to get you on their side to do it too, like your an idiot, thats what p***** me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Millicent wrote: »
    Exactly! I was talking to someone who was telling me a lot of her friends were "accidentally" getting pregnant recently, without discussing it with the working partner.

****, I would not like to be involved with a woman like that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

****, I would not like to be involved with a woman like that :eek:

Maybe you are already and you don't realise it :eek:. This thread has the makings of a great script for a horror movie. The Babymaker. Could be released in time for Valentine's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

There was baby news everywhere this year, there was no escape from it. I thought Barry White was having a comeback tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Haven't had one myself, but whilst out shopping at the weekend I noticed lots of pregnant ladies around town.

Advertisement