Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Carroll at it again

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What a load of tabloid bollox! Seriously, just typical southern media trying to put Newcastle on the front pages. This sort of journalism is to be expected unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

He said 12 years at maximum earning/playing ability
    Yeah, that's what i read also:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what i read also:confused:

Hes 21 and on 27k a week, assuming he went to the top 4 he would be on 60k+ for his 1st contract and possibly more if he did well or was sold. So at 21 hes not at his maximum earning which leaves him 9-10 years left. Not many payers hit top wages for their entire careers the ones that do broke into a big clubs 1st team early.

made sense when i typed it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He will go down the Stan Collymore road of not living up to his potential - mark my words!

11 goals this season.... I'd say he's surpassing his potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

That_Guy wrote: »

Do you think he's peaked? Has Carroll "jumped the shark", That_Guy?

markesmith wrote: »
    Do you think he's peaked? Has Carroll "jumped the shark", That_Guy?

He certainly has not peaked but the potential is clearly there for all to see. For a young striker to score 11 goals with a newly promoted side is remarkable.

Papa Smut wrote: »
    eh... 'Cos if you go out on the lash constantly, and therefore be hungover in training, therefore not perform as well as you could, you'd be out of a job and not earning 10,000s a week?

As it was said to Spiderman, with great powers come great responsibility. You've all the time after you retire from football (at the grand old age of 35!) to go on the lash and play catch up with your life. And there should be a lot of it left at that stage.

I didnt say constantly going on the lash but going on a bit of a session after a game once a week or so or if your out injured etc.

Carrol in general is a disgrace with some of his antics but this particular incident is a non story.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Err since when is 6 Bottles, 2 pints and 4 Jagerbombs over a 6 hour period a bender?!?!

I love the way the headline in the story is "Carroll injured in six-hour, 30 Jagerbomb bender" then they wait till 5 paragraphs in to mention that it was only 4 he had..

In fairness to him the alcohol would nearly be out of his system by the time he woke up!

In terms of the quality of player he is, he might be a bit of a nut job off the pitch but on it he works out, puts an honest effort in every game, can Mr. Torres, Berbatov & Drogba say the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Well in all fairness, if he was that scuttered that he couldnt sit down on a stool, he obviously had more than 6 pints and a few shots beforehand, and continued afterwards as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I meant in future seasons :rolleyes: - no doubt doing well on the pitch for now but more than enough incidents, mostly away from the pitch, suggests he needs a manager who takes absolutely no s*it (won't be Pardew, lol ), or it will seriously effect his career later on.

I meant in future seasons :rolleyes: - no doubt doing well on the pitch for now but more than enough incidents, mostly away from the pitch, suggests he needs a manager who takes absolutely no s*it (won't be Pardew, lol ), or it will seriously effect his career later on.

What are you sh*tting on about? Seriously. Pathetic attempt at trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

What are you sh*tting on about? Seriously. Pathetic attempt at trolling.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a talent, but he clearly needs to be given a serious talking to from someone about calming down away from the pitch, as it will cast serious doubts about him moving onto bigger things in years to come.

Look at other 'bad boys' like Bowyer and Woodgate careers post the trial while at Leeds, underwhelming - and in Woodgate's case - ever injury prone.

Duncan Ferguson may be quite the cult hero at Everton, but he was arguably capable of reaching bigger heights.

Collymore never got the England caps he maybe should have because of his antics and general attitude.

Just a danger that this will happen to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jrochie wrote: »
    Err since when is 6 Bottles, 2 pints and 4 Jagerbombs over a 6 hour period a bender?!?!

Tbh, its a lot of alcohol when you're flying fit like these athletes are. Prob could skull back more no problem, but that could be enough to get someone piss. I'm sure he had more within that time period anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Paully D wrote: »
    Paul Gascoigne MKII, without half as much talent obviously. He's a very good player though, but his off the pitch antics will catch up with him sooner or later. He's going to hit the wrong lass or glass the wrong fella someday.

Is there a "right" lass to glass???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11563332

What is it with this lad?
    - arrested for assaulting a woman in 2008
    - arrested for 'glassing' a man outside a nightclub in 2009
    - broke Steven Taylor's jaw in a row over an ex-girlfriend
    - training-ground bust-up with N'Zogbia
    - sent home from an England U-19 squad

Now he has to live with Kevin Nolan as part of his bail conditions. Oh, and he tried to get a goal against Wigan by blatantly handling the ball into the net.

Should someone like this be allowed to represent their country?

He's from Newcastle, right? (well Gateshead).

Seems pretty lame TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

he will be unheard of in two/three years, you know a fanny jeffers type

that is all

that is all

Said with such certainty.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Said with such certainty.

come back to this in 2014 so and see where he is at...

prob in some rehab home or in the lower leagues

come back to this in 2014 so and see where he is at...

prob in some rehab home or in the lower leagues

You might be right but I have my doubts. At the very worst I think he'll still be at Newcastle. (Though given their owners, that may very well constitute a career in the lower leagues.:pac:). More likelt he'll be an England regular and playing for a CL team.

that is all

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

flahavaj wrote: »
    More likelt he'll be an England regular and playing for a CL team.

Agree with that, the lad is very talented. As i mentioned before not just as a target man but his ball retention and technique are very very good Man u/Arsenal type good.

Think he would fit in at united very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

If he can get his act together off the pitch he will be a top player for many years at the highest level. As a United fan, I would loved to see him play for us.

If he is an England regular and playing regular CL football in 2014 I will shave my eyebrows and head and put a LFC bird on my forehead*

* might be subject to review

If he is an England regular and playing regular CL football in 2014 I will shave my eyebrows and head and put a LFC bird on my forehead...

LOL, if only people actully followed through on these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

that is all

As much as I'd like that to happen it's simply not going to. He'll still be in the Premier League scoring goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I was surprised that Spurs put an offer in for him. He's a great striker, but I don't see him leaving his boyhood club unless they get relegated, and I think that, despite Ashley's best efforts, they'll stay up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Look at other 'bad boys' like Bowyer and Woodgate careers post the trial while at Leeds, underwhelming - and in Woodgate's case - ever injury prone.

I'm sorry but whats your point? Are you saying that because of the trial Woodgate became injury prone?

Him being injury prone has nothing at all to do with that! And if you look at his career, he was one of the best centre halfs in england and was bought by one of the biggest clubs in the world! People might forget about it, but while he was fit and playing with Madrid he was excellent and won the madrid fans over pretty quickly!

So if Carroll's career ends up going that way he wont be doing to bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If he is an England regular and playing regular CL football in 2014 I will shave my eyebrows and head and put a LFC bird on my forehead*

Define "regular"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Note added to google calendar ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

* might be subject to welching

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

fyp

Haha, I thought you meant the word beginning with an 'f' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11563332

What is it with this lad?
    - arrested for assaulting a woman in 2008
    - arrested for 'glassing' a man outside a nightclub in 2009
    - broke Steven Taylor's jaw in a row over an ex-girlfriend
    - training-ground bust-up with N'Zogbia
    - sent home from an England U-19 squad

Now he has to live with Kevin Nolan as part of his bail conditions. Oh, and he tried to get a goal against Wigan by blatantly handling the ball into the net.

Should someone like this be allowed to represent their country?
    Sounds like he wants a move to rangers to be fair.

Advertisement