Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamper for Mum!

Options
  • 18-10-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi All,

Its mum's birthday in a couple of weeks.. and Im thinking of putting together a hamper for her..

Im thinking of putting in stuff like :

Books (susan boyle/Paul O'grady etc)
    Wine/Sherry/Whiskey etc
    Hand/Foot Cream
    Nail Varnish/Nail Oils etc
    Perfume
    Ponds Cleanser (she's swears by it!)
    Facewipes
    Bath Stuff (Radox - she's allergic to everything else)
    Hair Colour
    Posh Shampoo/Conditioner
    Barrel Hairbrushes (she's been hinting at these herself)
    A bit of make-up... all the purples/pinks etc and a bit of powder
    Make up Brushes
    Candle or two
    Insense sticks etc

I want to put together something that I know she will use every bit of, iykwim, there's no point filling it with stuff she wont/cant use (hence the Radox/Facewipes etc).

Can anyone think of anything else? When I read back over the list it seems a bit short....

Thanks a million

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

Maple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That sounds like a lovely idea!

My mum swears by ponds too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That list doesn't sound short at all, I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it. I did something similar for my own mam last year. The only things I can think of that I added in were pj's, slipper socks and I had a 1000 piece jigsaw in it cos she loves doing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Good idea...pjs etc... now Im wondering about what I'll get her for Christmas!!! Feckin mothers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I did one for my dad last year with those little 250ml bottles of wine.
    Everytime I was in an off licence/supermarket I had a look to see if they'd any new ones, he ended up with about 20.

Threw in a nice bottle opener and some corks and glasses and he was thrilled with it.

Other things you could pop in choccies, scarf, gloves, the selection of jam/tea/flavoured cooking oils sets you can get in tkmaxx .

• Advertisement
Advertisement