Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More emoticons?

Options
  • 18-10-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering whether it would be possible for more emoticons like :) and :( ones. i've seen more on a few other vB sites than the selection on boards.
    for example - http://www.tombraiderforums.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

thanks
    whiteman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

If I remember correctly, the last time this was discussed there was no major objection to more static smilies (if there was a good reason for them) but animated smilies are right out and will not be installed.

Looking at the linked ones, I can't see any worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

A facepalm smiley would be cool:)
    Seen as there's no need for two of these-:P- one could be replaced maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Seen as there's no need for two of these-:P- one could be replaced maybe?

The reason there's two is so that both [NOPARSE]:p[/NOPARSE] and [NOPARSE]:P[/NOPARSE] work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

facepalm.gif

Facepalm smiley

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Is there an issue with GIFs or is it just a measure to prevent asshattery? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

I quite like csiTj.gif as a facepalm emoticon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Solitaire wrote: »
    Is there an issue with GIFs or is it just a measure to prevent asshattery? :confused:

They are annoying and b/w hogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I use :rolleyes: instead of facepalm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement