Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sile Seoige getting a show on newstalk.

• 18-10-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭

Heard it there about twenty minutes ago that she is on from 12-2 on saturdays.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Was listening on saturday to the business show(12-2 i think) and the presenter(his name escapes me) did mention his show was moving to sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry there appears to be two threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not a good thing I feel. The station must be looking to cut costs big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oh god no. she was useless on tom dunnes show. newstalk slowly flushing itself down the toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

That's a shame, the business show was top notch. WTF are they at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I heard her there a while back on some show (was it Tom Dunne's?). She was pretty poor to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Not sure what this is about, the ad for it was just her trying really hard to be funny but not really succeeding, just like when she was on the Tom Dunne show.

The more I hear the ad I wonder if we're supposed to be laughing at her and not with her. I always liked her to be fair but she doesn't fit the fun/light-hearted mold really.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Not sure what this is about, the ad for it was just her trying really hard to be funny but not really succeeding, just like when she was on the Tom Dunne show.

The more I hear the ad I wonder if we're supposed to be laughing at her and not with her. I always liked her to be fair but she doesn't fit the fun/light-hearted mold really.

Totally agree... she is too like her sister, and certainly not light.. are they lining her up for the 12 to 1.30 slot midweek?? wouldnt be surprised as they have already shaved an hour of Damien's show, and given half and hour to Sean M and the other guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I heard her there a while back on some show (was it Tom Dunne's?). She was pretty poor to be honest.

Right from her first outing on the Tom Dunne Show there was articles appearing in the newspapers (I lost count after the 5th one) telling how good she was doing, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

She is essentially replacing Orla Barry, I don't think there is much between the two of them in terms of ability, but Seoige has the higher media profile - so she gets the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

SS gets a gig on Newstalk. Yet another good reason not to listen to that awful station

• Advertisement

Just over forty minutes till the off. I'll listen but not sure what to expect.

She's full of life I'll give her that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tuned in just after the midday news to hear Sile say -
    "I'm gonna be on Newstalk every Saturday between 12 an 2, like it or not."

So I went back to Marian once I heard that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

She is an enigma.

Not talented, not very good at radio or TV presenting, not overly-liked by the public, yet radio and TV execs seem to like her and keep giving her work.

Go figure.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma? Or just one of the chosen ones?

She's cute though.

Must check to see if the studio webcam is switched on for her show next week !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

"I'm here every Saturday, whether you like it or not".

Possibly the worst opening line of a radio show, ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Rubik. wrote: »
    "I'm here every Saturday, whether you like it or not".

Possibly the worst opening line of a radio show, ever.

And it went down from there too.

Awful vacuous babble.

Lapin wrote: »
    She's cute though.

So, she looks good, so give her a RADIO show?

you couldn't make it up!

:)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is there a web cam in the studio? Maybe she could do naked radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

mike65 wrote: »
    Is there a web cam in the studio? Maybe she could do naked radio.

Maybe not when she had Karl Spain in the studio yesterday.biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

She didn't half go on about her trip to the mountain, what ever it was kilimanjaro or whats its face.She did admit she went on and on about it, and that her producer was rolling their eyes for her to shut up.

I don't get this modern trend of putting pretty telly bunnies on radio.

TV and radio are different media, they require different skills.

On TV you can often get away with not being very intelligent, smart, sharp or quick-witted because you're just a pretty thing that is reading script someone else has written off a teleprompter.

Any idiot can do that, but it helps if its an attractive idiot.

But on radio that doesn't work; It doesn't matter what you look like, but largely you have to have the mental acuity to actually be able to think for yourself, and form these relevent thoughts into cohesive speech.

Do the suits really think that putting a telly bunny who doesn't posess this talent on radio will make people listen more, because they can visualise what she looks like?

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

she just broke a tooth. All drama now. Voice is gone funny.

Hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

NickDrake wrote: »
    Voice is gone funny.

Hilarious!

Hopefully a little less deeper.

Hopefully a little less audible.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm waiting for the 2 hour Mary O'Rourke Special on Sile Seoige's show when Sile will ask the hard questions like "blue or red?", "fairy cakes or eclairs", "is it ever the wrong time to wear stilettos?" and possibly even "can you believe either of us are getting away with doing what we do for a living?"..........on the assumption that all he listeners have tuned out.

Just heard her on with Ivan Yates plugging tomorrows show.

Among the fabulous guests she has lined up are a girl from Cork who sat behind Simon Cowell in the audience of last weekends X Factor.
    I kid you not.

In fact I am so excited by this that I've already forgotten the names of all the other guests she has in store for us.
    I can't wait !

I'm like sooooooooo looking forward to listening tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I might actually listen to that for the craic - it sounds so lame it might be funny in a laugh at it kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I might actually listen to that for the craic - it sounds so lame it might be funny in a laugh at it kind of way.

Sure Tom Dunne does that every monday to Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

She did an awful job of interviewing Jim Kerr of Simple Minds yesterday. Kept stumbling over her words with too many long pauses. She has no place on radio, no presenting skills whatsoever. Amateurs like her should not be given their own shows on national radio. Cerys Matthews was very good though, such a talented lady and love her voice. That said, this was the first and last time i shall be tuning into Ms Seoige's show.

She got her radio show based on the ability to read autocue cards on tv and being relatively easy on the eye. Obviously the schedulers in Newstalk haven't figured out radio is not a visual medium yet.

Advertisement