Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA Question

Options
  • 18-10-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the noob question.

==

I'm in Stage Two, Year Two of an Arts B.A.

Last year, I got a total GPA of 2.78 (I know, not great)

What GPA do I have to get this year in order to get a 2.1 (i.e. GPA of 3.2) overall for the degree? (I'm hoping to apply for a M.A.)

Would I be right in saying a GPA of 3.61?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

1968 wrote: »
    Sorry for the noob question.

==

I'm in Stage Two, Year Two of an Arts B.A.

Last year, I got a total GPA of 2.78 (I know, not great)

What GPA do I have to get this year in order to get a 2.1 (i.e. GPA of 3.2) overall for the degree? (I'm hoping to apply for a M.A.)

Would I be right in saying a GPA of 3.61?

As far as I know (could be wrong), you're 1st year GPA has no bearing on you overall degree GPA. The slate is whipped clean.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

For Arts, only Stage 2 results count toward your degree. So just aim for the GPA you want for these two years and you're golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

As was said here before the only thing you have to worry about in first year for most courses in UCD is to get your 60 credits (or at least 50), so basically just passing the year. It changes once you progress. In some courses, 30% of your entire degree GPA is awarded in 2nd year and 70% in the final year.

Advertisement