Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is a "thanked post"

Options
  • 18-10-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

I'm still fairly new to this forum and was just checking my stats. it said I had "thanked posts" what are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If someone finds your post helpful or amusing they can press the little thumbs up icon on the bottom right and thank your post. It saves people blocking up threads saying "thanks" and "I agree" etc. At the bottom of any post you'll see if it's been thanked or not and by who.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm still fairly new to this forum and was just checking my stats. it said I had "thanked posts" what are they?

It means someone is thanking you for your input/agrees with your statment. It is the boards version of facebooks like in many respects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's more helpful info about the site in "Newbies and FAQ".
    Leaving thread here for a little while in case other Galway posters hasn't seen that forum yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

aw thats really nice - thanks guys.

biko - I did try to see if it was in FAQ's - I put in "thanked posts" in the search box but nothing came up.

thanks for the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Another tip/trick you can try is using google to search boards.
    You do this by putting this into google search field
    thanked posts site:boards.ie

Google search is about a million times better than the boards own search ;)
    Unfortunately those search words are so common it doesn't bring much useful info up so then you can use "
    "thanked posts" site:boards.ie

Also try, for instance
    best restaurant galway site:boards.ie

and similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement