Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Crate/Heavy Duty Large Plastic Crates

Options
  • 18-10-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all

(Apart from making one from scratch from the timber yard) does anyone know of anywhere local that might have wooden crates? Suitable for housing tortoises? Or perhaps something that might to modified to suit?

Or indeed I have seen large heavy duty tough plastic crates used in petshops, but dont know where to buy them.

Would need to be approximatley 4 foot x 2ft x 2ft.

many thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Hi pete give me a shout if your in town we often have big crates from fireplaces the sides would need to be filled in but they are about 1.5ft depth x 4.5 ft long by 2ft high approx.
    we are down finisklin and usually end up using them for firewood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The crates that house slates come in might suit you either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Hi Teds',

That sounds just the ticket, and very kind of you to respond.

Will pm you...

Cheers

pete

Hi pete give me a shout if your in town we often have big crates from fireplaces the sides would need to be filled in but they are about 1.5ft depth x 4.5 ft long by 2ft high approx.
    we are down finisklin and usually end up using them for firewood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Thanks Tedshreds; The perfect home for the tortoises...nice one....

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

no hassle Pete glad it suited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement