Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in Drogheda,

Options
  • 18-10-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks
    Just wondering where is the best club to go on a saturday in Drogheda,
    A couple of mates are heading up in a few weeks,
    There aroun 26 to 29 and a few off them will be on the pull, where a good spot to go for the women,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Earth --- Trendy and popular but overpacked and overpriced

Fusion --- Choice of club or indie music, again can be overpacked and overpriced but more room to breathe.

Storm --- Good spot if yer lookin for the females ;) alot of eastern european

Star&Crescent --- Cheap booze and free in, but not the nicest of clientelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They are all sh!t tbh. Earth is ok, but it gets WAY too packed and is a rip off. It get so warm in there too. If they let about 50 less people in it would be better.
    Fusion... well it is 8 euro in these days. This is were I go. Nice big beer garden.
    Storm is ok. Very small, with a low ceiling. Does not have that nightclub feel.
    Star and Cresent, well it was grand over the summer, but I was there on saturday... I left very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I would'nt even bother going to Drogheda for the nightclubs, their crap.
    Earth- packed and a rip off.
    Fusion(new part)- Feels like a under 18 disco sometimes (well most of the time)
    Fusion(old part)- Used to be a great spot before the new club opened but worth a pop in.
    Storm- Its a place you go if your barred or too pissed to get into the above clubs.
    Star&cresent- Not really a night club but more of a disco/late bar with cheap drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

skipz wrote: »
    I would'nt even bother going to Drogheda for the nightclubs, their crap.
    Earth- packed and a rip off.
    Fusion(new part)- Feels like a under 18 disco sometimes (well most of the time)
    Fusion(old part)- Used to be a great spot before the new club opened but worth a pop in.
    Storm- Its a place you go if your barred or too pissed to get into the above clubs.
    Star&cresent- Not really a night club but more of a disco/late bar with cheap drinks.

Drogheda nightclubs are the same as nightclubs everywhere in Ireland i.e crap

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

New Fusion is closed down.

Also, wouldn't really recommend Drogheda for clubbing (pubbing maybe) but Earth would definitly be the place to head on a Saturday for guys that age. Or Storm, if yer looking for an older lady ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Aardvark1

New Fusion is closed down.

What happened new fusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Aardvark1 wrote: »
    What happened new fusion?

Everyone stopped going.

Earth is the only spot to go for 26-29 year olds looking to go on the pull.

Go to Borocco bar first to get discounted entry.

Stay away from Shooterz

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aardvark1

draffodx wrote: »
    Everyone stopped going.

jasus ,that will hit the owner hard. Must have spent a fortune doing it up! Havent been to drog in a year..where is shooters?

Aardvark1 wrote: »
    jasus ,that will hit the owner hard. Must have spent a fortune doing it up! Havent been to drog in a year..where is shooters?

Yeh, they split fusion into two and you had to pay in to which side you wanted rather than being able to freely move between both sides (Pop/Dance/Chart or Indie/Rock)

Suicide decision!

Shooterz is the old O'Shea's

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

He doesnt seem to be making any effort to win people or get people back to the New Fusion, which is baffling considering how much they must have paid for the works and how popular it was at one stage. I know it's €12 into Earth so even if he charged €10 for a few weeks to get the crowd back...very strange situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

It's not Drogheda United anyway!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

draffodx wrote: »
    they split fusion into two and you had to pay in to which side you wanted rather than being able to freely move between both sides (Pop/Dance/Chart or Indie/Rock)

Suicide decision!

Is that what happened? Thats madness alright!

I was in old Fusion on saturday night. Its always decent craic in there i reckon. And never too packed. But they should defo play a bit more guitar based music. There was a lot less played sat night than the last time i was there.

Is that what happened? Thats madness alright!

I was in old Fusion on saturday night. Its always decent craic in there i reckon. And never too packed. But they should defo play a bit more guitar based music. There was a lot less played sat night than the last time i was there.

I haven't been there in a good while now, it used to be great craic. Earth has a bit too much of a "stuck up" thing going on.

Best club in town for any kind of " alternative " is the purple room .Good music , live bands , drinks promos . A good atmosphere with decent people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I used to love the old fusion, the sticky carpets, the music style and the whole set up!
    Some great nights in there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Best club in town for any kind of " alternative " is the purple room .Good music , live bands , drinks promos . A good atmosphere with decent people ;)

Yeah the Purple Room is a great spot, and unfortunately often overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Where is The Purple Room?

Its entrance is on the fair green across from the new fusion entrance .ITS PART OF THE STAR and crescent complex but has completely seperate entrance , toilets , bar etc .Has very little in common with the star bar tbh . Alternative nights from rock / metal to dance , drum and bass , hip hop etc etc . Good spot !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

was in storm on sunday, very pleasantly surpirsed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Headin to Drogheda this weekend, whats the best place for 19-21 year olds to go?

• Advertisement

gitsy606 wrote: »
    Headin to Drogheda this weekend, whats the best place for 19-21 year olds to go?

Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

funtasia

CPL 593H

Advertisement