Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signing on again?

• 18-10-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey I just need a bit of advice. I was working for a company for 5 years til the beginning of the summer. Signed on shortly after and had to move in with parents too. My claim came through very quickly, I guess because I had been working full-time for 5 years. Looked for work all summer, then started looking up North cos have a couple of friends up there. Got offered a job in supermarket so signed off and moved up.

My contract is for 10 hours a week, thought I'd get more hours but that has not been the case despite my requesting it. My rent is £50 a week and I'm only getting paid £60.. whatever savings I had are now gone because I can't afford to live here. Have been constantly looking for work here and at home and absolutely no joy. I need to consider moving back home because reality is that I will be not be able to make rent at beginning of next month. Don't qualify for help up here either..

If I leave this job and move home, is there any chance that I will qualify for jobseekers benefit? And if so, how long would it take to recieve it? Should I make a trip South to the social welfare office and explain my situation before I hand in my notice up here? I only claimed dole for 7 weeks altogether this summer, and never before that.. Any advice would be a help!

Advertisement