Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a good idea for a Website but Where do i go from here?

Options
  • 18-10-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Need help, i have or well i think i have a good idea for a website, don't no what to do from here! i have the basic knowledge in computers but thats all.

What do i do now or where do i go?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

If you foresee it as a possible business venture, you could do worse than contacting your local enterprise board and requesting an appointment to discuss your idea.

In advance of that do some bare minimum filtering yourself...
    • Define what "it is" and how you foresee it being of value.
    • Who do you think will want/use it?
    • Has it (or something close to it) been done before? (if so, how's that doing?, how is yours different/better?).
    • Is it a website or a web application?
    • What sort of assistance are you looking for (business, legal, finance, etc)?
    • What skills can you throw in to the mix? (be honest with yourself here, E.g. if you have some technical skill but realistically not enough or are unsure of what's involved, factor the expertise in as a cost, otherwise it will cost you more in the long run).
    My advice is that if you are looking for finance, be ready to be put under the spotlight in every way and in most cases match yourself what's offered (if you can get that far). Otherwise just go in there to have a chat.

Don't blather your idea to family/friends/netizens/etc. Even if your idea is crap, work on it until it's worth doing. This process unfortunately can take longer than expected.

Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

If you do not have the skills to build the site yourself you could pitch it to a web developer who may partner with you.

As a web developer I have done this and I know of at least two other web companies on this site who do the same thing. At the end of the day if the idea is good enough any web development company may be interested in being involved. If you are worried they may run off with the idea get them to sign an NDA in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 biggie_p

Thanks fergalfrog and bobby tables

Well i think its do able and can be succesful, Do no anyone web companies i could send it to or person. What is a nda?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

biggie_p wrote: »
    What is rna

Did you mean NDA - Non Disclosure Agreement - you can probably find a template for one online. It essentially means that everything needs to be kept confidential etc.

You can send it to me anyway (will pm you my details) - if there are others I think they will probably do the same.

This type of thread was around before - I know I wasn't interested in that particular project but there were others who asked to see it too - not sure if anything came of it.

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You don't need to partner with a web dev, you could simply pay a company to develop it for you. There's plenty around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 testerdesign

I am also interested in maybe making my own aswell,

What company are around that you would pay?
    How much would it Cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I am also interested in maybe making my own aswell,

What company are around that you would pay?
    How much would it Cost?

Lol

Advertisement