Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city square waterford car park

Options
  • 18-10-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Had occasion to visit city square sc waterford on sunday last , parked in the car park for 2hhrs and 10 mins -- Had to pay 6 euro for the pleasure, maybe im wrong but i rekon its a bit much for a sc of that type in a city like Waterford.
    Id expect to pay that and more in dublin city , at a time when the retail sector is diong so bad these guys seem to be going a bit overboard, last time ill park in there on a Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dreams aloud

The charge is 1.80 an hour as far as i know so if you go over the 2 hours presumably by only a minute they charge for the third hour. Ridiculous really! Have been in plenty of car parks in Spain that charge per minute usually 1 or 2 cent so after 10 mins you only pay 20cent, which is only right really. Typical Ireland really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Pure robbery isnt it!!

Better off parking on the quay. Its E2.50 flat rate I think (haven't been there for a while)

And the really sickening thing is - they are not responsible for your car while its parked there - yet they charge an arm and a leg!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Had occasion to visit city square sc waterford on sunday last , parked in the car park for 2hhrs and 10 mins -- Had to pay 6 euro for the pleasure, maybe im wrong but i rekon its a bit much for a sc of that type in a city like Waterford.
    Id expect to pay that and more in dublin city , at a time when the retail sector is diong so bad these guys seem to be going a bit overboard, last time ill park in there on a Sunday.

Why would you park there on a Sunday when it's free to park on the street?

I only started parking in there because I have a baby but I still set the alarm on my phone for 50 mins so I only pay for 1hr. Sure it's bad for retail but you can pay for the exact amount of time you want in the last car park on the left on the quay. I usually put in €2.50, that get's me 1.5 hrs parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Pure robbery isnt it!!

Better off parking on the quay. Its E2.50 flat rate I think (haven't been there for a while)

And the really sickening thing is - they are not responsible for your car while its parked there - yet they charge an arm and a leg!!!:mad:

Long time since it was €2.50 flat rate, its now €5.50 in that car park beside the bus station.

It's €2.50 per day in the Railway square car park, but that may change when TK MAXX move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

This is how to charge for parking and it's Christmas time . Pic taken in Mcdonagh Junction shopping centre Kilkenny . City square is a rip off and don't get me started on toilets ( basic human rights etc...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

DE DEISE wrote: »
    This is how to charge for parking and it's Christmas time . Pic taken in Mcdonagh Junction shopping centre Kilkenny . City square is a rip off and don't get me started on toilets ( basic human rights etc...).

Im sure 6 years later the OP might have gotten over it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

DE DEISE wrote: »
    don't get me started on toilets ( basic human rights etc...).

But it's not a basic human right to use someone else's toilet. If someone provides a facility, they have the right to levy a charge, if you do not want to pay the charge, go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

But it's not a basic human right to use someone else's toilet. If someone provides a facility, they have the right to levy a charge, if you do not want to pay the charge, go elsewhere.

Toilets in Waterford city centre are a complete joke. I know numerous places in Dublin City I can use for free.
    In Waterford both city square and the Georges Arcade have pay ones. I was very surprised by this. Any shopping centre worth its salt offers these for free! Ended up going down to the Granville hotel instead!

Advertisement