Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newman Secrets

Options
  • 18-10-2010 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anyone know any cool rooms, shortcuts, secret toilets, study areas etc..??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Big secret number 1....call it the Arts block!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Big secret numbers 2 .... a load of virgins were murdered there this night one year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If you wander around the giant cloud of smoke at the front for long enough you may come across a door that leads inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Have a poke around at the bottom of the spiral staircases, few interesting rooms down there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What is down those spiral staircases at Th. N and Th. R?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

What is down those spiral staircases at Th. N and Th. R?

Not sure about N and R but the one outside L leads you down to the generator room (think its the generator, only got a quick look before services came and we scattered) and you can get into the tunnel that runs along the back of the lecture hall for L. There's a few other doors I haven't explored yet as well.

Davidius wrote: »
    If you wander around the giant cloud of smoke at the front for long enough you may come across a door that leads inside.

Or you may be mistaken for someone that dosnt piss and moan in every thread about smokers in the smoking section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Grimes wrote: »
    Or you may be mistaken for someone that dosnt piss and moan in every thread about smokers in the smoking section.
    There's lots of people smoking outside the arts building.

That's the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Newman Secret: For all those closeted homosexuals, the small track & field (not to far from NovaUCD) and the secret Newman lakes are excellent cruising grounds. Top class service.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

That's a smokers section? Who the hell puts a smokers section at the two main entrances to the building? That's extremely inconsiderate to the non-smokers. I hate having to walk through a waft of smoke to get to class.

• Advertisement

That's a smokers section? Who the hell puts a smokers section at the two main entrances to the building? That's extremely inconsiderate to the non-smokers. I hate having to walk through a waft of smoke to get to class.

there are a million threads dealing with smokers at the arts block and its a dicussions that repeats iteself every year verbatim and is boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

there are a million threads dealing with smokers at the arts block and its a dicussions that repeats iteself every year verbatim and is boring.

The joke was funny though and you have been the only person whose been moaning on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

When you mean smoking section, you mean the place full of signs saying no smoking in this area?

Just so we're clear.

Raphael wrote: »
    When you mean smoking section, you mean the place full of signs saying no smoking in this area?

Just so we're clear.

Im glad someone picked up on that. Turns out if you ignore no smoking signs ........ nothing happens! Should be enforced imo and alternative arrangements should be made.

Im not going to argue either way and be internet abused over something I have no control over ... again ... for the 5th time in five threads in as many years on the exact same topic.

You do know that there are first years in UCD, who are unlikely to have been following discussions on the UCD forum for "years" and thus shouldn't be excluded from discussion because it has been 'done before'.

You do know that there are first years in UCD, who are unlikely to have been following discussions on the UCD forum for "years" and thus shouldn't be excluded from discussion because it has been 'done before'.

Well the thread is way off topic anyway but if your interested in discussing smoking sections in ucd do a forum search for "smoking" and have a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I agree with **Timbuk2**.

Well the thread is way off topic anyway but if your interested in discussing smoking sections in ucd do a forum search for "smoking" and have a read.

It's a thread called Newman secrets, I'd have imagined things like they were talking about count as "secrets" since not many ever actually notice the no-smoking signs outside of the Arts Cafe.

So to move the thread on topic, the backdoor to the Arts Block is normally smoke free! Plus the seating areas on the higher floors are handy if you're stuck for somewhere to eat lunch or chat between classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Is there a secret male toilets around somewhere in the arts block?

Even a non-secret, normal jacks would suit me in fact...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Don't bother with the toilets on the ground floor. There's pretty clean girls' loos on J3, I think the male ones are J2 or J1?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Searched as advised, there's one thread last year and another started by yourself in 2007 but hardly 'millions of threads'. Certainly nothing to put it off limits for discussion anyway. Nice try though.

Newman is more boring since the basement got renovated. The tunnels at the backs of the theatres are interesting if you like that sort of thing. Toilets at PQ are supposed to be a hotspot for cruising. My favourite place is the Classics museum, it's amazing, check it out if you have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Avoid the toilets underground around P/Q. Fags used to/possibly still hook up there having heard about it on squirt.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I thought all the fags hung around the dramasoc area? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Toilet problem? Never fear, TimeToShine would NEVER knowingly let someone shít and píss in discomfort!

Now, the best toilets I've come across in the Arts building on my thorough and extensive escapades are most definitely the disabled ones downstairs on the bottom floor, that's down the stairs behind the reception. I could honestly write a book praising the quality of this shítter, but it's only fair I let YOU enjoy this pleasantry for yourself. Once the job is done, please make sure you do flush as it's nice having one toilet on campus that isn't splattered with shít that looks like the lad has been living off chinese and curry for the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Have you tried the ones right across from Th. L? The entrance is right beside the USB Copi-print area.
    I think the sign on the toilets is for the disabled, but it is in fact for everybody. And it's relatively clean too! Much better than the ones in the Main Restaurant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

On the topic of toilets and the arts block, here's a secret for some of the girls...in the ground floor loos, there are actually three cublicles around to the left. Yes, really. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Toilet problem? Never fear, TimeToShine would NEVER knowingly let someone shít and píss in discomfort!

Now, the best toilets I've come across in the Arts building on my thorough and extensive escapades are most definitely the disabled ones downstairs on the bottom floor, that's down the stairs behind the reception. I could honestly write a book praising the quality of this shítter, but it's only fair I let YOU enjoy this pleasantry for yourself. Once the job is done, please make sure you do flush as it's nice having one toilet on campus that isn't splattered with shít that looks like the lad has been living off chinese and curry for the last 2 weeks.

Tbh, all the disabled toilets in the Arts block are quite good, definitely beat the "bog" standard jacks (see what I did there). I remember one time a guy came out of the disabled toilet downstairs, and there happened to be a crowd around, someone just shouted out, " Its a miracle, he can walk again, must be some magical toilet", and then bowed down to the toilet, was priceless.

The tunnel from the Arts Block to the Tierney Building is handy if it is raining or if you just want to take a different route there. Some nice rooftop areas to sit as well at the Tierney Building at the end of the tunnel too. They are nice on a sunny May day around exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Opposite Th.L beside copiprint and opposite the DramSoc theater down the stairs by reception. There's a few more hidden on the 3rd floor but thats up to you to find...

Advertisement