Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newman Secrets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donkey_kong

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Searched as advised, there's one thread last year and another started by yourself in 2007 but hardly 'millions of threads'. Certainly nothing to put it off limits for discussion anyway. Nice try though.

Newman is more boring since the basement got renovated. The tunnels at the backs of the theatres are interesting if you like that sort of thing. Toilets at PQ are supposed to be a hotspot for cruising. My favourite place is the Classics museum, it's amazing, check it out if you have a chance.

tell me more about this Classics Museum, I've never heard of it! Part of the school of classics (or greek and roman studies or whatever name it might have, not quite sure) I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

What is down those spiral staircases at Th. N and Th. R?

Nth 1 is a new lecture hall....havent heard of R before so thats a secret to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

There is a small museum at K217 i think that thats right or else its K207.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Th. N and NTh1 are different theatres. I too wonder where those spiral staircases lead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

LauraLuck wrote: »
    Nth 1 is a new lecture hall....havent heard of R before so thats a secret to me.

No Nth1 is the classroom downstairs. Theatre N is located right beside Theatre M, and Theatre R is beside the back entrance of the Arts Block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

LauraLuck wrote: »
    There is a small museum at K217 i think that thats right or else its K207.

The Classical Museum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

A little known Newman fact. Known as the Arts Block for years but in recent years the Newman Building. Many assume it is named after our very own saint John Henry Newman but it is in fact named after Newman from the popular 90's sitcom Seinfeld. Wayne Knight, the actor who plays Newman was a mature student in UCD in the late 1990's and completed a postgraduate diploma in English. He also was one of the founder members of Craic Soc. The portly rogue is missed around these hallowed lecture theatres
    newman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Tayto2000 wrote:
    Toilets at PQ are supposed to be a hotspot for cruising
    Avoid the toilets underground around P/Q. Fags used to/possibly still hook up there having heard about it on squirt.org
    What? I've been there loads of times and never seen anyone hooking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Davidius wrote: »
    Th. N and NTh1 are different theatres. I too wonder where those spiral staircases lead.

To strange badly lit corridors that run behind the lecture theatres, lead to the outside and also the underground tunnels. Only the doors to the lecture theatres are unlocked afaik though.

What I really want to know is about the little cinema on its own patch of ground behind Newman....

• Advertisement

chair wrote: »
    Anyone know any cool rooms, shortcuts, secret toilets, study areas etc..??

Oh, oh, I actually know one.

There's a canteen on the first floor I think... and bar... only for staff and specially invited students however.

What I really want to know is about the little cinema on its own patch of ground behind Newman....

It was formerly in Trinty but rebuilt brick by brick in UCD. I think its called the Mausoleum or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Are you able to get onto the roof of Newman at all?? (Not saying I'd try or anything :p)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The building isn't actually level, so I'm sure you might be able to hop out a window somewhere onto a low roof if you were so inclined...

Very few windows actually open so you would need to go up to the top floor I would say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Or sneak into a lecturer's office. They're usually only there for an hour a week anyway ;)

Are you able to get onto the roof of Newman at all?? (Not saying I'd try or anything :p)

Try the ivory tower (i.e. the School of Philosophy). The stairs up to the roof from there are locked however. Although you will still get a great view of the campus from the fifth floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

What are the underground tunnels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

YouthNovel wrote: »
    What are the underground tunnels?

Have a read here.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056043926&page=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I saw this picture on the tunnels before. Interesting if true http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/zealoushippo/UCDTunnels.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement