Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me name what i'm looking for!!

• 18-10-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

as the title suggests i have an image in my head of what i'm looking for, but i have no idea if what i think they're called is actually what they're called, lol

a handheld monopod - that is - in my head it looks like the handle of of a gun or the handle of a golf umbrella or something... i know i can get a zgrip but ideally i'd like a cheap far east knock off for a few euro - trouble is i don't know what its proper name would be, or where i could start searching for one.

a ''thing'' that the bottom of it screws into the tripod and the top has 2 mount screws, or a mount screw and a hot shoe [?] on the top - i want to attach a cheap ass video cam and a light to the top so whatever will make that happen!! :o

a cheap-ass LED light as above - i missed the ones that were in aldi/lidl a few weeks ago, dammit

quality of the above matters not - the cheaper the better, in fact!! any help much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Something like this?

http://www.bushhawk.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yeah, cheers for that, that's much more like the price i'd be willing to pay for it alright.

any ideas on what the ''thing'' is called that i mount the camera and light on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

No idea, I'd just call it a Cam/light mount. I just remember seeing these somewhere before, mad looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

L bracket, or a vertical flash bracket?

lbracket.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

omg that's it - well - kinda - if i could find one with the two mountings all on the one plane rather than any verticalness or l-ness, but yeah, more or less.

''bracket'' was the key nugget of info i was missing btw, cheers paul :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement