Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent: '01 Navara Brake Problem

• 18-10-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was hoping someone on here could help me.

My '01 Navara just failed its DOE as the left front brake caliper and the back right brake have seized. Without seeing it a mechanic has told me I'll need to replace the left front caliper and parts of the back brake.

I have looked online to try and find a front caliper with no luck. I am unsure as to what parts I'll need to get to fix the back brake.

Would anyone know exactly what I'd need to get? And where I might get them?

I know I don't have too much info here but I'm only going on the DOE fail report. A new front caliper would fix that wheel, but I'm not too good on Navara back brakes. What would I have to get to fix the back, if I wanted to replace all the brake components? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

You probably know not to go near a dealer for parts ;). Cheapest is likely to be Milner in the UK, link direct to Navara D22 brakes - http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=10232&p=1

No nothing about Navaras but they can't be that different to anything else, the rear brake could either be a seized brake cylinder or seized handbrake actuator in the drum stopping brake from applying, most likely the cylinder. You really need to pull it apart first but Milners prices are so cheap you may as well buy a cylinder and a set of rear shoes at the same time anyway. What state are the front discs and pads in? Save postage and do everything while you're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Thanks a million for the heads up about Milner. :)

Very helpful people. Very cheap too.

Everything I needed delivered to the door for under €200. And €30(ish) back to me when I send them my old caliper.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Glad it's worked out :D

Advertisement