Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords

Options
  • 18-10-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Hi i bought a bike in the above shop in tallaght in july there. Nice bike and the rest. Ok so i have to take it back for its 6weeks check up, no answer on the phone from these guys so end up taking the bike to them and waiting another week for them to do the check up on the thing. Got bike back after witing the week then another 15mins for someone when i got there when i was the only one in the shop. And then it starts. The gears jumping, few weeks later pedal loose nearly falling off. This was something that they should have tightened and checked at the time. Then today one of my foot pedals snap off. Stranded where i worked with one pedal on and off. Have reciept and all for the bike which is no more than 2 1/2 mths old. Where do i stand with this crowd? They want to look at the bike and then will prob charge me for repairs. Which they should have done at the time or even checked. The customer service with this group is next to none so i dont think im expecting muxh from them. Think i needed a rant here and i would def not recommend anyone to this bunch of cowboys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the breaks were due to it being sub-standard, then they can't make you pay for repairs. You will need to bring it back to them anyway before you find out what they say, and what they offer.

Advertisement