Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for a student

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

jor el wrote: »
    Neither of us can tell someone else what to chose, and if you think you can, then you are deluded. One persons experience is irrelevant to another. Anyone that thinks they can give an accurate recommendation on which 3G Internet provider is best for any and every person looking at it, is a deluded fool. You simply can't do it.
    I don't think that. Where are you pulling this from?! I said you don't have the right to decide what is or isn't relevant for other people. How can that be turned into me trying to tell other people what to choose?!

As for customer service being a minor issue, good one. Once again deciding for yourself what you think other people want. I have simply said, time and again, that some personal judgements on one over another is not an impossible task to do. If I said e.g that "I find O2's service in Drogheda to be good" then that's an observation which other people can do what they like with it. If I heard from a number of people that a particular provider was poor in one area but heard nothing bad about others, then I'd probably take that into account. It's completely naive to think that people aren't able to decide for themselves on the merits of the comments, or that most people will ignore them anyway and try it out for themselves. Word of mouth does have *some* use.

I'm leaving it at that, it seems we're agreeing on even less than earlier. You can't even paraphrase my posts properly, for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Why don't you 2 just get a room? Ye've wandered way off topic.
    Broadband for a student
    What are people's recommendations?
    Like is there any companys there that don't tie to down to a 12 month contact?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

bealtine wrote: »
    The mobile marketeers hate the idea that midband has it's own forum as it exposes their nonsense to the cold light of day.

I'd just like to add that indeed they do hate that its classed as Midband on Ireland's largest discussion forum :)

I've heard from many a source that it others them alright, :D

We should be very proud of the fact that the users that first voted for the creation of the Midband forum have helped to educate so many internet users within Ireland.

Boards.ie along with Ireland Off-Line and helping the term Midband get into common usage when it comes to so called "Mobile Broadband", its not an easy job to do this considering the massive marketing budgets the mobile operators have but we'll continue to work at it.

On the subject of this thread its an awful shame that it has been derailed by an argument over facts that have time and time again been told to users on this forum, whilst I didn't lock this thread if a user has a problem in future then take it off thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement