Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Law at DCU

Options
  • 18-10-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am currently in 6th year and I'm thinking about studying law at DCU.
    Up until Higher Options last Septemer I was thinking about BCL (Law & Society) but then a person that was there advised me to do Economics, Politics and Law as I am not really interested in doing Criminal Law. More like Propety law or Naturalisation status.
    What would you advise me to do?
    Is the course itself difficult?
    How can I figure out if that's what suit my personality?
    and finally
    English is not my first language but it's good enough to do a honours in english. Will I have many problems with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

If you're really interested in doing law go for the BCL.
    As far as I can tell the EPL people don't do that much law. I'm in first year BCL and there are 3rd year EPLs in our 1st year torts lecture, for example. Only go for the EPL if you really have an interest in economics and politics (history).
    And the English thing shouldn't be a problem if you can do honours! Lots of reading and writing to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

From what I've read in the prospectus for the first 2 years there is a bit of all of them but then in the final year I can study law only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Amoo

and also EPL is not a recognised law degree for kings inn

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Hi,

I'm doing my undergrad degree in IR at DCU. I'm interested in moving onto a postgrad in the LLM in Law at DCU after it. I'm not too sure if I can, because IR only contains three law modules. Are these components enough to get me considered?

Advertisement