Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy 1 million posts

• 18-10-2010 7:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am a bit late with this as I forgot,but better late than never as I think things like this need to be recognized.

In the last week or so the soccer forum has passed the 1 million posts mark.So well done everybody and thanks for been a part of the community,we have had our ups & downs but it sure has been fun.Lets hope we have many millions more posts to read here.

Dub13

Every celebration needs a song and this one reminds me of the soccer forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cool! Well done Boards SF people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye i noticed that the other day, well done everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Poll for best post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is there anyway of discovering which was the millionth post ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Who got the millionth?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Who got the millionth?

Whoever got it should win a lifetime ban for the poster of their choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am a bit late with this as I forgot,but better late than never as I think things like this need to be recognized.

In the last week or so the soccer forum has passed the 1 million posts mark.So well done everybody and thanks for been a part of the community,we have had our ups & downs but it sure has been fun.Lets hope we have many millions more posts to read here.

Dub13

nice song man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

CiaranC wrote: »
    Whoever got it should win a lifetime ban for the poster of their choice

probably me...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Load of feckin' virgins on here so. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,808 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Dub13

I really really hate that song........
    Outside of that though, fair play for letting us know and well done to all who continue to post here in good heart!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

kippy wrote: »
    I really really hate that song........

What do you mean hate.....any ginger who can pull birds is ok in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What do you mean hate.....any ginger who can pull birds is ok in my books.

Are your books about a Fear of Flying too? In that case you need all the birds you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't believe you used that ginger bastard as a method of celebration, and he supports that lot!

I'd have gone with Sir Cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Hit a million posts way quicker....

bendtner.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Jaysus, Thank God, i thought for a minute that Mike65 had gone into overdrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

probably me...:)
    If I had the 1 mill post and that was the prize you would be gone forever!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

A bit too much back clapping here.

The Forum has many faults one being not allowing more "robust" conversations, this should be a much better forum but over moderation takes away from it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Forum has many faults one being not allowing more "robust" conversations, this should be a much better forum but over moderation takes away from it a lot.

yeah - and every single thread should be used as a vehicle to get this point across! Preach on!

yeah - and every single thread should be used as a vehicle to get this point across! Preach on!

Huh?

Criticism is good, it improves us.

It's only when we know where we're going wrong that we can get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I remember when this was number 1 on top thirty hits for aaaaages. Used to dread when it came on.

• Advertisement

Huh?

Criticism is good, it improves us.

It's only when we know where we're going wrong that we can get better.

There is a proper place for Criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If you don't like this place you should post somewhere else.

I think the soccer forum rocks. A million posts is some achievement. Well done posters and well done mods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Can't believe you used that ginger bastard as a method of celebration, and he supports that lot!

I'd have gone with Sir Cliff.

I'd be more worried about having a united player, in the act of celebrating a goal for united, as your sig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

davyjose wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about having a united player, in the act of celebrating a goal for united, as your sig!

All part of the fun. He probably won't sign for us and I don't really want him but it'd be humorous all the same, hence 'Welcome to Manchester MK II'.

Anyway, Simply Red. Never a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Xavi6 wrote: »
    All part of the fun. He probably won't sign for us and I don't really want him but it'd be humorous all the same, hence 'Welcome to Manchester MK II'.

Anyway, Simply Red. Never a fan.

I don't think I like any of their stuff, horrible fuckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Never in the field of human endeavour has so much been owed by so few to so many. ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't think I like any of their stuff, horrible fuckers!

I was a big fan of Walking Gingerly with Mick Hucknall. Their best work imo.

I was a big fan of Walking Gingerly with Mick Hucknall. Their best work imo.

Music was much better in the 90s before all this hip hop took over.Another example of classic 90s music....

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

I have no doubt that half of these million posts were accumulated during the Thierry Henry incident :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Music was much better in the 90s before all this hip hop took over.Another example of classic 90s music....

Heh think you need to go at least a decade before the 90's for good music but that 90's song is most definatly an exception! Almost for the video alone ;) Far better than Simply Red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

and this was just me in liverpool match threads :pac:

Pro. F wrote: »

I think the soccer forum rocks. A million posts is some achievement. Well done posters and well done mods!

If you can't understand someone's post then maybe you shouldn't comment on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Pro. F wrote: »

How ignorant, join the circle jerk or **** off.

I don't totally agree with Mr. Sands but he's entitled to his opinion. This forum is not just for people who agree with each other on every topic.

Advertisement