Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing broadband modem

• 18-10-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

got a letter from perlico today informing me that my broadband account is now in service and that a modem would arrive in a few days , thing is , i have an eircom modem ( netopia 12 vdc ) lieing idle in the house a few years and was thinking of using it until the perlico one arrives

i tried to rig it up today but the jack on the dsl ( yellow ) cable wont fit into the port where i always plugged in the telephone line while using dial up at the bottom of the cpu , the jack is too big and will only fit in where the likes of the printer is plugged in half way up , is this normal ??? , also , im not getting any recognition on the computer when i turn on the modem , does it self install or do you need a CD

Advertisement