Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consciousness and Teleportation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

18AD wrote: »
    What are the "actual pieces of you"? Considering your every molecular part is replaced every few years, what exaclty is "yours"?
    If you accept that only the parts that are exaclty yours are just transported, what does that say about the other parts? How about the other bits that change? Are they not you? Where is the transition point?

I think that the pieces of 'I' are the alimentary canal, the blood circulatory system and all the structures that are nourished thereby, warts and all.

'I' am all the parts connected to my stomach.

It is interesting to note that the digestive system is the first set of structures to be formed in any animal's embryo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement