Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Wii to UPC wireless cable bb with Cisco EPC2425?

• 18-10-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've recently switched to UPC broadband and tonight whilst playing Mario Kart I got some strange issues like not being able to connect to a friend, races cutting out, being disconnected from friends mid-race.

Are there some settings on my Cisco EPC2425 router that I could tweak to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

JT.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

JonT wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've recently switched to UPC broadband and tonight whilst playing Mario Kart I got some strange issues like not being able to connect to a friend, races cutting out, being disconnected from friends mid-race.

Are there some settings on my Cisco EPC2425 router that I could tweak to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

JT.

Hi try going onto http://192.168.1.1/ then click firewall and turn the flood protection off and see does that help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭JonT

Thanks Trevor,

I've turned off the IP Flood protection, and all firewall settings and still I keep getting disconnected when playing Mario Kart online.

I have had two previous ISPs over the last three years, Eircom, then Vodafone at Home and the Wii never once had this problem before.

Puzzling!

JonT wrote: »
    Thanks Trevor,

I've turned off the IP Flood protection, and all firewall settings and still I keep getting disconnected when playing Mario Kart online.

I have had two previous ISPs over the last three years, Eircom, then Vodafone at Home and the Wii never once had this problem before.

Puzzling!

Strange because that usally fixes the problem :(
    Do a speed and pingtest and post the results up here?

Speed and pings are decent enough, this is the puzzling thing.

996941181.png

26382500.png

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the LAN IP address leasing times. Or am I way off in thinking that might be an issue?

The only other thing I could think of is do you and your friends have open nat?

• Advertisement

I haven't changed the NAT setting at all, so I guess it's at the default setting? I enabled UPnP and that seemed to have made a difference. I played for a good while with no disconnection but then it happened again.

Still waiting for UPC to get back to me too, since they're meant to be "checking the line".

Advertisement