Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Exam Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the answers, and the route suggestion, parker kent!

Can you remember how long it took you to walk that? Google Maps says 40 minutes, which would be great if it was true (and shorter than my via Stillorgan shenanigans) - I'd spend much longer if I was trying to get the 17. It's 3.3km according to Google Maps, which would probably take me about 35 minutes to walk unless there is any monster hills. The problem is I'll be going with a friend... who.. let's say... plays rugby and gets injured every second match and thus walks at a very slow pace :P

We were told to use the Carysfort Avenue entrance to the campus, but this is probably due to the fact that the exam hall is right beside it - I take it the Avoca Avenue one is open all the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Thanks for the answers, and the route suggestion, parker kent!

Can you remember how long it took you to walk that? Google Maps says 40 minutes, which would be great if it was true (and shorter than my via Stillorgan shenanigans) - I'd spend much longer if I was trying to get the 17. It's 3.3km according to Google Maps, which would probably take me about 35 minutes to walk unless there is any monster hills. The problem is I'll be going with a friend... who.. let's say... plays rugby and gets injured every second match and thus walks at a very slow pace :P

We were told to use the Carysfort Avenue entrance to the campus, but this is probably due to the fact that the exam hall is right beside it - I take it the Avoca Avenue one is open all the time?

I don't remember it taking much more than 30 minutes. You have no real hold ups once you leave UCD as the traffic lights on Mount Merrion Avenue are probably the most responsive to pedestrians, once you press the button the lights will go red in about 5 seconds. Just remember to walk on the southbound side of the carriage way to avoid having to cross the road at Fosters Avenue etc.

The entrance was always open for me and I got there at 8am and have left at 10pm, unless they changed their policy. Anyway, it is only a short walk around to the front entrance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks - that's less stress :)! I'll let you know how I get on - I'm sure the hardest part will be getting there - the exam is Principles of Macroeconomics.

I live in Roebuck Halls, so I'm thinking Callary Road (beside the Roebuck Road / Foster Avenue crossroads), straight down onto Greenfield Road, which brings you out in front of the Applegreen between Booterstown Avenue and Mount Merrion Avenue, turning right, crossing the N11 at Mount Merrion Avenue and continuing along your suggested route that way.

Not sure if it's any quicker as Google Maps won't let me route it (Greenfield Road isn't connected to the N11, it's a cul de sac, but pedestrians can get onto the N11).

Thanks again :)

Quick update - we walked yesterday and it went great! What started off as just two of us ended up as 7 so it took us about 35 minutes to walk it - you'd probably do it quicker if there was less people.

I went Roebuck Road - Callary Road - Greenfield Road - Right and then immediately left on the N11 onto Mount Merrion Avenue - Right on Grove Road - Left on Avoca Avenue, and back the same way.

Thanks for the help :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Bump.

I've an exam here on saturday - can anyone tell me how to get there from the city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

If you take a look back on the thread you'll find a few google maps links that show where this is. From city centre you can either get the DART to Blackrock station, or a bus such as the number 4 or number 7 to Blackrock. Either way, it's a 5-10 min walk after that.

Stupid question: is the Smurfit school big? Where's the exam centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Stupid question: is the Smurfit school big? Where's the exam centre?
    Exam centre is on the right hand side once you enter the main gate, can't miss it, Big sign saying "exam centre" on it :D

Knowing me I'd somehow manage it :rolleyes: :pac: Thanks :)

Advertisement