Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many UPC threads

• 18-10-2010 9:17pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one else think its a bit strange that UPC have an official rep here on boards but yet he never posts in this forum. In my opinion this in itself speaks volumes.

Come on UPC get your act together and come on here and face your customers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Why do people always complain about it I have 15mb broadband and I think its very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Why do people always complain about it I have 15mb broadband and I think its very fast

it is fast, when it works. Have you not read any of the other threads. :rolleyes:

people cant browse, pages taking 30 secs to load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sure of course you wouldn't complain, it's working grand for you. What works for you mightn't work for some of the hundreds of thousands of other customers UPC have. UPC's internet is great when it works as normal, but too often there are reports here of various issues not being detected by UPC staff or unhelpfulness on their part to fix anything wrong with their end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Any one else think its a bit strange that UPC have an official rep here on boards but yet he never posts in this forum. In my opinion this in itself speaks volumes.

Come on UPC get your act together and come on here and face your customers.

He isn't allowed to post on all threads, only on certain ones. If you really want to contact UPC, they are available on facebook and twitter. Boards isn't the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Have ye sent him a PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

+1

I've rarely had a problem with my connection. Only issue is UPC's truly awful choice of DNS service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I do find it a little amusing when somehow there are people on baords that think Ireland = Boards.

Although the company may have hired someone to interface with boards and ask questions it sunlikely, what is more likely that there is someone whose part of their working schedule is coming on here and anwsering questions.

I don't see it as being a good avenue for interface either, if you have a problem email upc or ring them directly.

Yeah it would be nice though if perhaps they used the service here to quickly announce disruptions, but other then that what are people expecting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

When I had UPC the service itself was great, internet was fast etc, mostly never a problem.

However i've just left the country, and had organised for UPC to come the morning of the day I was leaving to collect the gear... did they turn up? Not a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Never had any issues with their service and their customer service turnout time on emails has been excellent.
    They have always been helpfull on the phone too as regards accounts etc.

I do agree that their DNS service is not the best. However just use openDNS or googleDNS to resolve slowness.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Have ye sent him a PM?
    Yeah was in touch with him through PM, he gave a decent reply to me and came across as a decent bloke too, it was alont the lines off
    angel01 wrote: »
    He isn't allowed to post on all threads, only on certain ones. If you really want to contact UPC, they are available on facebook and twitter. Boards isn't the be all and end all.
    he also went on to say that they were in the process of setting up some sort of social network support site to deal with pacific support issues.
    Shzm wrote: »
    When I had UPC the service itself was great, internet was fast etc, mostly never a problem.!
    Sparky wrote: »
    Never had any issues with their service and their customer service turnout time on emails has been excellent.
    They have always been helpfull on the phone too as regards accounts etc.

I do agree that their DNS service is not the best. However just use openDNS or googleDNS to resolve slowness.

Yeah guys, I totally agree with you, Ive been a UPC BB customer for about 5 years now and over all its been flawless for me, however this last week something has certainly changed, whether its a pacific hotfile problem or UPC problem, is still unconfirmed but its pointing at UPC and they are not giving answers. With regards to web pages been very slow to open, this it totally new to me as it was never the case. Ive been on to BB Support numerous times and they keep saying they know nothing of any problems and your system looks fine at our end, when I can clearly see that something is not right.

I just feel that when they see all these threads they should be in a position to see that something must be wrong and acknowledge that there is a fault somewhere along the service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

its a upc issue.

just tested from work, speedsare fine, from home speeds of 20kb.

Downloading with RS getting 1.7mb/s.

Fingers pointing to UPC at this precise time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

AdrianII wrote: »
    its a upc issue.

just tested from work, speedsare fine, from home speeds of 20kb.

Downloading with RS getting 1.7mb/s.

Fingers pointing to UPC at this precise time

26371934.png

Having issues tonight, DNS problems!!

Rang them they told me to edit the Dns settings but it didnt solve anything. To annoyed to ring them now (If I rang them I would just start shouting!! :mad:).

If it keeps up tomorrow I ring them again, but hate ringing them as put on hold for an average of 10-15 minutes!! Again, :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

They seem to have him here in an almost 100% sales capacity judging by his posts. :rolleyes:

Advertisement