Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Book For Learning LC Physics

• 18-10-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi I know I made a thread similar to this earlier. I was just wondering for Leaving Cert Physics what would be the best book to get between these:
    Physics Now , Investigating Physics (2010 Edition) or Real World Physics? if there is any other good book please mention it.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

The author of Investigating Physics was my teacher last year and our notes were from his book. They were really good and relevant to what actually comes up in the exam. The Folens book has lots of questions that would never get asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm using real world physics, it explains things well, but a lot of important stuff is tiny subheadings under pictures which can slip by you easily, also the questions in the book are way harder than the ones in the papers. I was considering dropping physics altogether because the questions in the book were so hard and I thought I'd never be able to do the papers! Then I saw the papers and I was like sure this is grand. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Our teacher uses Real World for us (LCs) but started Investigating Physics for the 5th years. She is undecided as to which is better but I have both (use IP at home).

I find Investigating Physics slightly better (though Real World has good points too)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

I use Real World Physics too
    The questions are much harder than the papers which is good because if you can do them you can definitely do the papers
    But i personally don't like the book or the layout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

sparagon wrote: »
    I use Real World Physics too
    The questions are much harder than the papers which is good because if you can do them you can definitely do the papers
    But i personally don't like the book or the layout

Totally agree.. And on one chapter's first page there are 4 variations of definitions of one thing... Wayyy to much repetition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

Yeah I actually find it hard to learn from

Advertisement