Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge Podcast, articles with translations.

• 18-10-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

For those looking forward to their Irish Orals, some folks over at the Irish Gaelic Translation forum have been reading articles and poems, etc, out loud, in particular the Foinse editorial every week, with his permission, I've pulled out the articles, formatted the files and created a podcast of them.

It's pretty straight forward stuff, but it's nice to hear a native speaker, read the Irish and then have the english translation ready too -- some nice vocab for essays and it's current topics too. I thought some of the folks here may be interested.

You can view the site with the podcasts here:
    http://gaeilge.podbean.com/

The neat part is that you can subscribe directly to them in iTunes via the link on the page, or below, and they'll appear as they're uploaded!
    [url]itpc://gaeilge.podbean.com/feed[/url]

I'd really like to add more readings to this site, different dialects, etc, if anyone has any they'd like to add then drop me a message. With that in mind, I've tried to classify the readings by the dialect, article source and individual reader.

GRMA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

Thanks so much for this! Some in donegal would be excellent, dont know about anyone else but I really struggle with that...thanks again

Advertisement