Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrauntoohil / Mount Brandon

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would be very grateful if anyone knows of guides that takes guided hikes up Carrauntoohil / Mount Brandon...

Thanks a million for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Lambretta wrote: »
    Hi all,

Would be very grateful if anyone knows of guides that takes guided hikes up Carrauntoohil / Mount Brandon...

Thanks a million for any info.

Nathan Kingerlee who posts on here from time to time guides walks up Carrauntoohil regularly - not sure about Brandon. There are some more but not sure how often they guide (Pat Falvet comes to mind). Nathan's company is called Outdoors Ireland - I haven't used their services so can't comment on pricing/standards etc..

Lambretta wrote: »

See above for Carrauntoohil. Appreciate your question, but think a guide for Brandon might be a bit...excessive. The walk is tough enough, so some level of fitness required, but the route from Crohane is pretty obvious once you get there.

Think Annascaul Walking Festival in a couple of weekends is taking it in, they have a facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001517166704#!/event.php?eid=140012262701058

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭claxxix

I can recommend Nathan Kingerlee. I have used his services on a number of ocassions for various courses. I have always found him to be competitively priced compared to his competitors.

claxxix

Sorry, my post above should of course have referred to Cloghane.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

I contacted Nathan the other day looking for a price for guiding up Carauntoohill for 3 / 4 people, he came back with a rate of €75 per person for Beenkeragh ridge...hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

I don't think you would need a guide to head up Mt. Brandon if approaching from the West side. The entire walk is clearly posted, but if you were in any way nervous just bring an OS map/GPS with you. A word of caution though-there is a very steep cliff face to the east in front of the cross on the top. Don't be tempted to have a peep over the edge-especially in wet conditions! :eek:

Just bring the usual gear-water, snacks, phone, comfortable boots, warm under layer, rain gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

is brandon easier to climb than Carrauntoohil?? done carrauntoohil once b4.

Advertisement