Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which airline to Brisbane

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'll be travelling from either Dublin or London to Brisbane in February and wondering which airline to fly with. Within reason, price isn't so much of an issue. Etihad are the only one flying direct(ish) from Dublin but I've never flown with them before. Singapore, Qantas & Cathay pacific look the best from London based on my impression of good airlines. Had a great experience with Cathay Pacific to HK before but never flown with the others.

Anyone flown with those airlines or others? I'll be flying economy just to be clear, not that flush!

Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭603304529

csm wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'll be travelling from either Dublin or London to Brisbane in February and wondering which airline to fly with. Within reason, price isn't so much of an issue. Etihad are the only one flying direct(ish) from Dublin but I've never flown with them before. Singapore, Qantas & Cathay pacific look the best from London based on my impression of good airlines. Had a great experience with Cathay Pacific to HK before but never flown with the others.

Anyone flown with those airlines or others? I'll be flying economy just to be clear, not that flush!

Cheers,
    Rob

Singapore Air is brilliant. Thats all I fly with anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I usually only fly Singapore, I'm giving Etihad a go this Christmas and am optimistic. Cathay get good reviews. I would never willingly fly with Qantas, they are the local BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

603304529 wrote: »
    Singapore Air is brilliant. Thats all I fly with anymore....

here here, tis nearly worth flying with them just to perv at the air hostesses :eek:

Service is second to none with them though. Very comfortably flight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

ballooba wrote: »
    I usually only fly Singapore, I'm giving Etihad a go this Christmas and am optimistic. Cathay get good reviews. I would never willingly fly with Qantas, they are the local BA.

There is a huge difference between Qantas and British Airways, I flew with Qantas RTW this summer and found them excellent, and flew 6 flights in total with them 2 of which were longhaul and I highly recommend them, they are professional and a good aussie service. Their A380 service is class and makes long haul a real breeze.

British Airways on the other hand, I spent 10 hours (LAX to LHR) in Ryanair like seats with crap in flight entertainment, worse food, the scenic route journey that is going from T5 to T1 to connect with Aer Lingus at Heathrow, and the creme de la creme of BA service, they lost our bags, although thanks to some helpful Aer Lingus staff in Cork airport we got them back.

I find Qantas very good but compare them to BA is an insult to the Aussies.

My advice is fly with who ever has the A380, it is a dream and while I doubt you will get it all the ways to Brisbane you should get A380 to Singapore with either Singapore Airlines or Qantas, either that or Etihad from Dublin which will probably save you some dosh and bypass the black hole of Calcutta that is Heathrow Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Stinicker wrote: »
    I find Qantas very good but compare them to BA is an insult to the Aussies.
    I'm glad you had a good experience but anecdotal and personal experience would suggest you were lucky. Qantas didn't build the A380, so to credit them with it's facilities and amenities is overly generous. I typically fly about 150,000 kms per annum and learned very quickly to avoid Qantas like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

We are flying out to Brisbane in April to validate our visas with Malaysia Airlines, tbh it was the cheapest by at least €400 for 4 of us. I've been reading some reviews online for them and I'm a bit scared now, really hoping they are not as bad as the reviews, anyone any experience?

Would have loved to have gone with Singapore but they are very expensive - over €5000 for 2 adults & 2 children.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

We are flying out to Brisbane in April to validate our visas with Malaysia Airlines, tbh it was the cheapest by at least €400 for 4 of us. I've been reading some reviews online for them and I'm a bit scared now, really hoping they are not as bad as the reviews, anyone any experience?

Would have loved to have gone with Singapore but they are very expensive - over €5000 for 2 adults & 2 children.

Flew Malaysia Airlines to Paris recently. IMO they are not as good as Singapore Airlines. Check in and cabin crew were very good but the inflight entertainment and meals were not up to SA standard

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Cheers for the replies folks

Have decided to fly with Singapore. Also, I noted that I'll be flying with a couple of their partner airlines over the next few weeks so have signed up to their frequent flyer programme. Not sure what I'll get out of it but 'tis no harm signing up anyway

Advertisement