Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSi R4 Cards

• 18-10-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

I had a DS and an R4 card for it but it bricked after i dropped it, so I've picked myself up a DSi.

Can anyone recommend a reliable R4 card for the DSi?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I have one if you want it 30e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i will be buying online myself, i just wanna know which are reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It depends some already have games on them but you can buy blanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

R4 discussion not allowed here.
    Moving to Console Modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I got mine here,good delivery and accept paypal, had no problems with the ds card

http://www.ndsmemorycards.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hi guys

Just to clarify,

This ...

http://www.ndsmemorycards.com/r4i-sdhc-v14-for-ndsi-xl-ndsi-ndsl-nds-nintendo.html

will work on a DSI no problems

Thanks in advance

Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

yea that would work no hassles. The link you gave doesn't offer it with a sd card so this would be a better option as it has a 2GB sd card

http://www.ndsmemorycards.com/shop.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=11&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Thanks a million mate,gonna stick an order in for crimbo...

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Get an AceKard 2i, and a 4GB microSD for the same price on shoptemp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kev. wrote: »

Cheers lads I was loooking at this one anyways. Ive a few sd cards lying around (not sdhc) will these work in this? since its sdhc etc? or would i be better off buying a new card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

Korvanica wrote: »
    Cheers lads I was loooking at this one anyways. Ive a few sd cards lying around (not sdhc) will these work in this? since its sdhc etc? or would i be better off buying a new card.

If you update your dsi to 1.4.1 this card will not work in it, and in order to access the dsi shop on the dsi you need to update it to 1.4.1 now.

An acekard2i has more compatability, acekard2i is a much better card with more frequent firmware updates, and also there is an update to make it 1.4.1 compatible. Both cards can support 1gb, 2gb, 4 gb, gb, 8 gb, 16gb etc.

If you had a few quid extra though get a supercarddstwo, its the best card there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

yeah but you cant use acekard unless you know some one that either owns a DS lite or your DSi has 1.3 update out of the box (mine had 1.4E)

im getting a friends DSL to get it working over the week. i think theres a certain card that goes around the 1.4 block

yeah but you cant use acekard unless you know some one that either owns a DS lite or your DSi has 1.3 update out of the box (mine had 1.4E)

If you buy from shoptemp you can get them to upgrade the Acekard firmware for you (because you don't have access to a DS lite or your DSi firmware is 1.4 or above). It costs an extra $1.

yeah but my house mate has a dsi lite :) its quite easy to patch it. 1 min max

I wasn't saying that it wasn't easy.

You said you can't use the AceKard 2i unless you (as in the person buying it) have access to a DS Lite or a DSi 1.3 or lower. I was stating that this wasn't true, because you can purchase the card with updated firmware from certain vendors as an optional addon, therefore you can use it right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Sorry for thread jacking but are the games i'd have for a ds compatable with a dsi if i got the required card for the dsi

You mean can u still play on your original carts on the ds ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

No sorry i meant if i transfered the games from the ds card to the dsi card would they work

yes

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ndsmemorycards.com seems to be borked.
    cannot select shipping method.

I'm using a mac with safari

• Advertisement

you could try http://r4i.ie/

I bought it off them. Came next week.

If your looking to buy one i think i seen an R4i card in a shop in Parnell street just across McDonals. Dont know the name of the shop though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

yeah but my house mate has a dsi lite :) its quite easy to patch it. 1 min max

I have an acekard 2i which I am currently using with a dsl, I just got a new dsi with the latest firmware 1.4 on it.
    Can anyone tell me how I can use the dsl to patch it for the dsi(1.4)?

Thanks.

you either need a DS Lite and run the system file first on that or a DSi with frimware 1.3 or lower

Thanks, I have a ds lite. Do I download a file from acekard to run?
    I'm still not sure what I should do.

leuler: Download this file. (Mods, this is an Acekard 2i firmware update, nothing shady here :pac:).

Extract ak2ifw-update-14-DSL.nds and put it on your MicroSD card.

Put the AK2i into your DS Lite, and run the NDS file you just put on it

You'll be presented with a blue screen, and follow instructions from Step 8 of this guide

cheers TouchingVirus, you have just saved Christmas, followed the instructions and the dsi is good to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

mod edit: witness - Not anymore :)

Advertisement