Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The interconnector on Wikipedia

Options
  • 18-10-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

The Wikipedia page on the interconnector, here , had a discussion page related to some aspects of the project. The discussion page is now empty (apart from a banner stating that it part of the Wikiprojects Ireland section of the site), and there is no history.

I understood that Wikipedia allowed one to view all the previous versions of each page.

There definitely was some previous discussion about this project. How is this discussion not now visible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

The page was moved from Interconnector to DART underground. You need to bypass the redirect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Interconnector_%28rail_tunnel%29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Thanks for the link.

However, that is not very easy to find if visiting Wikipedia looking for information about the interconnector.

And if one follows the link you give, then looks at the page and then goes back to discussion, the entire discussion is gone.

Could the discussion page not have been redirected along with the actual page?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Could the discussion page not have been redirected along with the actual page?

Why ask that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Some members here actively try to keep Wikipedia pages up-to-scratch.

That said, the discussion page on Dart's Wikipedia page is probably the best place to get answers, if any answers are to be gotten.

Why ask that here?

Would there be a better forum you could suggest?

Anyway, the problem has now been solved, probably thanks to somebody who watches this board. LeinsterDub perhaps? Nicely done, whoever it was.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Would there be a better forum you could suggest?

Anyway, the problem has now been solved, probably thanks to somebody who watches this board. LeinsterDub perhaps? Nicely done, whoever it was.:)
    Not me.

Not me.

Well, LD, your original post was helpful to me. And may have helped someone else to reunite the main page and the discussion page. Thanks.:)

Advertisement