Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestrong/Cheatstrong!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Warning to future posters: make sure anything you say here can be backed up.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

PS whatever you think about LA his urine and blood samples are most definitely his own. I personally have worked with and know anti-doping inspectors who have observed and taken multiple samples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I like cake, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

dislike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

RobFowl wrote: »

PS whatever you think about LA his urine and blood samples are most definitely his own. I personally have worked with and know anti-doping inspectors who have observed and taken multiple samples.

Are you sure? I believe one of the old ways to get around a doping test was to have uirine in a bag when going to do your test. Sean Kelly allegedly took in the wrong urine bag when he failed a test.

http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2000/jan/09/sean-kellys-positive-tests/

But you're probably right, he just had his own blood on board;)
    An instant messenger chat between two prominent cyclists challenges Floyd Landis's assertion that he's unfamiliar with doping techniques
    Last Updated Thurs., Jan. 3, 2006
    An instant message between Frankie Andreu (FDREU) and Jonathan Vaughters (Cyclevaughters) the morning of July 26, 2005.

Cyclevaughters: frankie - hey - thanks for talking the other day

FDREU: no problem, where are you

Cyclevaughters: back in CO

FDREU: nice, I just got home, isnt' it like 5AM

Cyclevaughters: sometimes i think i'm going to go nuts

Cyclevaughters: yeah

Cyclevaughters: it's 5am

FDREU: I agree, I came home and the air conditioning is broken

Cyclevaughters: ouch

FDREU: did your kid grow twice it's size in the two weeks you were gone

Cyclevaughters: yeah, his feet look bigger for some eason

FDREU: funny

Cyclevaughters: anyhow, i never can quite figure out why i don't just play along with the lance crowd - i mean **** it would make my life easier, eh? it's not like i never played with hotsauce, eh?

FDREU: I know, but in the end i don't think it comes back to bite you

FDREU: I play along, my wife does not, and Lance hates us both

FDREU: it's a no win situation, you know how he is. Once you leave the team or do soemthing wrong you forever banned

Cyclevaughters: i suppose - you know he tried to hire me back in 2001... he was nice to me... i just couldn't deal with that whole world

FDREU: I did not know that

FDREU: look at why everyone leaves, it's way to controlling

Cyclevaughters: once I went to CA and saw that now all the teams got 25 injections every day

Cyclevaughters: hell, CA was ZERO

FDREU: you mean all the riders

Cyclevaughters: Credit Agricole

FDREU: it's crazy

Cyclevaughters: So, I realized lance was full of **** when he'd say everyone was doing it

FDREU: You may read stuff that i say to radio or press, praising the Tour and lance but it's just playing the game

Cyclevaughters: believe me, as carzy as it sounds - Moreau was on nothing. Hct of 39%

FDREU: when in 2000-2001

Cyclevaughters: so, that's when you start thinking... hell, kevin was telling me that after 2000 Ullrich never raced over 42%--- yeah moreau in 2000-2001

Cyclevaughters: anyhow - whtever

FDREU: After 1999, you know many things changed. lance did not

FDREU: I believe that's part of whey kevin left, he was tired of the stuff

Cyclevaughters: yeah, i could explain the whole way lance dupes everyone

FDREU: what abut GH climbing the mountains better than azevedo and the entire group

Cyclevaughters: from how floyd described it, i know exactly the methos

FDREU: explain that, classics to climber

FDREU: when did you talk with floyd

Cyclevaughters: i don't know - i want to trust George

Cyclevaughters: but the thing is on that team, you think it's normal

Cyclevaughters: or at least i did

FDREU: i guess. anything with blodd is not normal

Cyclevaughters: yeah, it's very complex how the avoid all the controls now, but it's not any new drug or anything, just the resources and planning to pull of a well devised plan

Cyclevaughters: it's why they all got dropped on stage 9 - no refill yet - then on the rest day - boom 800ml of packed cells

FDREU: they have it mastered. good point

Cyclevaughters: they draw the blood right after the dauphine

FDREU: how do they sneak it in, or keep it until needed

FDREU: i'm sure it's not with the truck in the frig

Cyclevaughters: motorcycle - refridgerated panniers

Cyclevaughters: on the rest day

Cyclevaughters: floyd has a photo of the thing

FDREU: crazy! it' just keep going to new levels

Cyclevaughters: yeah, it's complicated, but with enough money you can do it

FDREU: they have enough money. Floyd was so pissed at them this entire tour

Cyclevaughters: anyhow - i just feel sorry for floyd and some of the other guys

Cyclevaughters: why would lance keep doing the **** when he clearly has nothing to prove - it's weird

FDREU: I know. me to. they all get ripped into for no reason

FDREU: he's done now, thank god. but they will prove next year for Johan's sake that they are the greatest

Cyclevaughters: and then lance says " this guy and that guys are pussies"

FDREU: they won't stop

FDREU: I agree

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

131485.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

mgmt wrote: »
    Are you sure? I believe one of the old ways to get around a doping test was to have uirine in a bag when going to do your test. Sean Kelly allegedly took in the wrong urine bag when he failed a test.

Anti-Doping inspectors are well wise to this. During a test you have to expose yourself from above the nipple to below your knees and allow the inspector to view you in what ever way he/she deems necessary.

Anti-Doping inspectors are well wise to this. During a test you have to expose yourself from above the nipple to below your knees and allow the inspector to view you in what ever way he/she deems necessary.

There is always new tricks to beat doping controls:
    1. Putting protease enzymes on your hands when taking the urine test to break down the epo.
    2. Micro-dosing in the middle of the night.
    3. Autologous blood doping.
      etc.

There is always new tricks to beat doping controls:
    1. Putting protease enzymes on your hands when taking the urine test to break down the epo.
    2. Micro-dosing in the middle of the night.
    3. Autologous blood doping.
      etc.

1 negated by asking athletes to wash theirs hands before giving a sample and wearing gloves.
    2 Microdosing is being actively investigated for new testing methods (hence the "plastisizer" reports)
    3 See 2 also the biological passport

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Black bar tape yuk!

• Advertisement

1 negated by asking athletes to wash theirs hands before giving a sample and wearing gloves.
    2 Microdosing is being actively investigated for new testing methods (hence the "plastisizer" reports)
    3 See 2 also the biological passport

I was being polite when I said they put it in on their hands. They stick a grain of the stuff somewhere else.

The biological passport is a target not a deterrent. The riders blood profiles now resemble a straight line under the allowable limits. Doping is still rife in professional cycling. Ask Bernard Kohl about doping controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

thats not lance, he's on a specialized, not a trek;)

I was being polite when I said they put it in on their hands. They stick a grain of the stuff somewhere else.

The biological passport is a target not a deterrent. The riders blood profiles now resemble a straight line under the allowable limits. Doping is still rife in professional cycling. Ask Bernard Kohl about doping controls.

There is a natural level of EPO which is obliterated by proteolase like substances. So a completely EPO free sample will raise suspicion and lead to targeted testing.
    Bernard Kohl lead to a re-examination of testing and lessons have been learned.
    I disagree with you re the biological passport not being a deterrent. It's a science in it's infancy but is already producing results.

There is a natural level of EPO which is obliterated by proteolase like substances. So a completely EPO free sample will raise suspicion and lead to targeted testing.
    Bernard Kohl lead to a re-examination of testing and lessons have been learned.
    I disagree with you re the biological passport not being a deterrent. It's a science in it's infancy but is already producing results.

Yeah and 17% of top athletes don't have any EPO in their system.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aDe3l5g45w6E&refer=news

Yeah at least the passport is doing something. But dopers get off too easy with a 2 year ban.

If your interested Joe Papps account is pretty interesting. He's the ex doper and drug dealer who testified against landis.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24951496/How-Cycling-Pro-s-Defeat-Anti-Doping-Control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

funkyjebus wrote: »
    thats not lance, he's on a specialized, not a trek;)

are treks good bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

in a realistic sense, when a sports person is winning they are nowadays automatically accused of taking drugs by other sports people and then the public when it filters down to them. watching that parody of lance armstrong is hilarious mainly due to its vulgar nature. they are not only tackling lance as a cyclist but as survivor of cancer and his foundation which as you know has done incredible work. as everyone here knows lances career has been dogged by accusations of drug taking but they have never been substanciated in anyway. people find it a great entertainment to accuse another of doing something they shouldnt, in this case doping, but ask yourself this. if you WERE innocent and someone accused you, how would you feel. how would you respond to being attacked as a sportsman and as the founding member of a cancer foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I'd probably spit on them and call them b*stards. But Lance wouldn't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

biomed32 wrote: »
    in a realistic sense, when a sports person is winning they are nowadays automatically accused of taking drugs by other sports people and then the public when it filters down to them. watching that parody of lance armstrong is hilarious mainly due to its vulgar nature. they are not only tackling lance as a cyclist but as survivor of cancer and his foundation which as you know has done incredible work. as everyone here knows lances career has been dogged by accusations of drug taking but they have never been substanciated in anyway. people find it a great entertainment to accuse another of doing something they shouldnt, in this case doping, but ask yourself this. if you WERE innocent and someone accused you, how would you feel. how would you respond to being attacked as a sportsman and as the founding member of a cancer foundation.

what about the positive restests from the tour ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

biomed32 wrote: »

Being cured of cancer: good.
    Winning races: good.
    Raising money for charity: good.
    Winning the TdF clean seven consecutive times and in the process beating a bunch of proven dopers, every time: improbable.
    Actively enforcing and reinforcing the doping omerta: bad.
    Using charitable work as a shield against doping accusations: bad.

Did I miss anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Junior wrote: »
    pah, those were old samples you can't rely on them. wouldn't stand up in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Junior wrote: »

you're just pro-cancer saying things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

stuf wrote: »
    you're just pro-cancer saying things like that

haha brilliant. Still no mention of hitler? you guys are sllloooowwww.

Top 10 reasons to hate Lance Armstrong

Personal favourite is number 6: He hangs out with Matthew McConaughey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Top 10 reasons to hate Lance Armstrong

Personal favourite is number 6: He hangs out with Matthew McConaughey

bad link

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

bad link

Here

Lumen wrote: »

Thanks, sorry, I double pasted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Arequipa wrote: »
    Here is a video I saw on you tube- what u think?

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQRRCWqVJY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I like cheese. Livestrong wrist band prototypes were originally made from cheese. Whey was a by product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I'm sure someone mentioned cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

another thread? really... lance bashing >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Oops!

One can clearly see a cheatstrong on his arm in that pic!

Advertisement