Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listening to the radio on way to work!!

• 18-10-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Wel do ye, for some reason i cant , it just depresses me,i cant understand how sum people can be so cheerful on the radio every morning!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only takes me 10 minutes to get to work so catch the news between 8.50am and 9am..

.. that's about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Dude, I work in a call center. Don't rub it in. I wish I didn't have to listen to anything at all!

I have to listen to bitchy, bitter, sexually unsatisfied **** all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm unemployed. So technically no.

i can't be in the car without having the radio/cd on though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

DecTipp wrote: »
    Wel do ye, for some reason i cant

Do you need to get your hearing checked perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

FunkZ wrote: »
    Dude, I work in a call center. Don't rub it in. I wish I didn't have to listen to anything at all!

I have to listen to bitchy, bitter, sexually unsatisfied **** all day.

And that's just the Ray D'arcy show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

You have to keep up with whats going on. No matter how depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I listen to my iPod/mp3 player on the way to work/college because I can't deal with the amount of nutters on my bus and the amount of people asking for change/donations.

Its literally the only thing that keeps me sane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

I agree! I'm surprised their isn't a higher rate of suicide in the news reading profession these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Radio Nova has been keeping me amused for the last while, only a matter of time before I go back to my world of mix CD's I reckon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I agree with Mr. Beer...

Radio Nova is a breathe of fresh air. The personalities on the show are always in a good mood. Even during their 500 countdown the just took the total piss by skipping the weather while the woman doing it was in mid sentence.

But as always they will put some plonker on and ruin it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

The Joe Duffy show and the oul wans from Clontarf ringing in moaning that they can't buy square tea bags any more and only the round ones, you do my tits in. I have to get a lift to work and this drains the will to live from my body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No, I can't deal with cheerful people in the morning. Prefer the ipod or reading the Metro

Especially the two knobs on Phantom, who regularly slag off Boards and particular users.

Screw you Phantom morning DJs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

phasers wrote: »
    No, I can't deal with cheerful people in the morning. Prefer the ipod or reading the Metro

Especially the two knobs on Phantom, who regularly slag off Boards and particular users.

Phantom? Never hears of it...is that one of those crappy regional radio shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nova, 4FM or my own music/podcasts.

Every other station seems to have some overwrought D4 cunt (usually a man and women duo) treading discursive water between records.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

I can't listen to any of the BIG radio stations like FM104 (except Adrian Kennedy) or 98FM or SPIN1038 etc. I just can't listen to the tripey sh1te that they play 24/7 but I really like Phantom because it plays alternative music most of which isn't sh1te.

The idea of Nova is great but I just can't keep it on with all the cheesy rock n roll ALL the time.

Phantom 105.2 FTW - Either that or my own music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hate radio stations they drive me nuts with dribble pathetic pop.

Much more prefer to listen to my own music, The kings of leon well all there albums sound just like the last one. and all those princess pop bands. not really me much more prefer my own music plus i can listen to what ever I want to.

the only thing that anoys me more then any of the above is when some one touches my radio in my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

phasers wrote: »

lol rly?
    Who have they slagged off?
    That sounds like pretty awful radio if you aren't familiar with the users mentioned, which I have to imagine 99.99999% of listeners aren't.

Almost never listen to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I've recently decided to stop listening to RTE 1 in the mornings. It is akin to what I would imagine living with someone with bi-polar can be like...if you get up before 7 that is. First you have Maxi, who I am sure is a lovely person, but is the singularly most annoying person to wake up to - her relentless cheerfulness and the Cliff Richard & friends records that she plays is like a plague of pox on my previous nights slumber. Sorry Maxi I am sure you're nice, but too much positivity IS a bad thing, your cheerfulness is kind of manic, and your taste in music is absolutley woeful, woman.

Then you have the depressing crash and dip, as you are then plunged into Morning Ireland and the reality of Nama and all of that hits you full force in the head, all before you've even had a chance to have your coffee...it's so wrong. There has to be a middle ground...I can't find it on the radio though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Need some tunes to perk me up before I go into work! :)

Phantom or Radio Nova on the way in in the morning!

Then to make me happy about going home Spin 1038

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Can't listen to Irish radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

switching between phantom and spin when d news is on

i love inane chatter makes my morning

your some boy hector

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Gave up on radio about a year ago after realising the sum of the experience was similar to an uncomfortable sexual encounter.

There's something about Joe Duffy's voice that's just so... rapey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Karmaman

Cant stand listening to radio in the mornings.

I used to wake up happy and jump into the car, turn on the radio and some bleedin ejit with their "celebraty gossip" would make me scream at the radio.

Now I just sing to myself. Much happier.

Advertisement