Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin bars

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

OK, I've been there several times and have drunk in neighbourhood corner kneipes, W. Berlin club/bars, and some trendy renovated spots in the former eastern sector of the city..........but I'm looking to the beer and pub experts to give me their best recommendations for a future visit with several pals (not a stag do - just beer lovers looking to combine good beer with a good place to sup etc. )

I'm looking for good pubs as distinct from trendy spots or places that necessarily do 40 diff. types of beer etc. - no Irish bars as I break out in a rash if I so much as see them on my travels. much less entertain the idea of actually crossing the threshold to visit !

I look fwd. to the recommendations !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi, here is a very good guide enjoyhttp://www.europeanbeerguide.net/berlpubs.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe try asking in the Things to do in... forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

+1 for http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/berlpubs.htm never been to berlin but have this guide has been tried and trusted in many other cities...its a bible for beer travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Loads of great great "squat" type bars in the the former East Berlin, cheap nice pils, open really late and you can smoke in them! Can't remember names but there was one place in particular that sold huge, lovely cocktails for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Hi Technocentral going to be heading to berlin myself after new year and interested in those style places so if you remember where/what they are Pm me please, probably going to be staying in Kreuzberg or Friedrichshain areas

• Advertisement
Advertisement