If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema setup

Options
  • 18-10-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi All

Just looking for a quote on the Denon 1911 or Onkyo 608 (which would you recommend - for music and iPod too) with Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 speaker package, delivered to Leitrim.

Thanks

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi John.

Sorry for the delay.

Personally, I have an Onkyo receiver, so I am slightly biased and it's actually very hard to recommend one of these over the other as they are both excellent receivers for the money.

I would personally swing for the Onkyo just because it's THX certified, has a bit more A/V flare than the Denon but the Denon is better musically.

We are selling more Onkyo than the Denon at the moment.

I wouldn't pass up the new Pioneer 920 receiver either. It's down to £399 as there is a £100 off promotion running at the minute which brings it into line as well with the others and at this sort of money, I would have to say would be my choice of the 3.

Do you need any speaker cables, subwoofer cable, HDMI cables etc ?

Let me know what you think and I'll drop you a combined price.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response. Looked up the specs and reviews. What HiFi did state that it was the most 'musical' and it has iPod/iPhone functionality out of the box, so seems to fit the bill quite nicely. They do warn not to partner it with bright speakers - I have MA RS1s and love them, but full size (or on stands), speakers are out of the question (other half). Are the Vectors too bright with the Pioneer? I would need a sub cable and speaker cable (not HDMI). Room dimensions are approx. 11ft wide by 17 ft long.

BTW, do you take laser?

Thanks

John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.