Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new shape land cruiser 03-04

• 18-10-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey guys

what are the new shape land cruisers like 2003-2004 ? the injectors would have been done under warenty if faulty woulnt they ? what are the good and bad points on them ? and also what pricies they makeing .

i am looking for something to use as car and ocisonal for pulling going off road . I have alos taught of a crewcab as id have more seats and would be same insurance and tax . What are the new shape navaras like ?

or could you suggest a jeep ?

bk1991

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Injectors weren't as much of an issue on the 5 speed models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

bk1991 wrote: »
    hey guys

what are the new shape land cruisers like 2003-2004 ? the injectors would have been done under warenty if faulty woulnt they ? what are the good and bad points on them ? and also what pricies they makeing .

i am looking for something to use as car and ocisonal for pulling going off road . I have alos taught of a crewcab as id have more seats and would be same insurance and tax . What are the new shape navaras like ?

or could you suggest a jeep ?

bk1991

You couldnt even compare a Navara to a Landcruiser, the Landcruiser is in a different league altogether.
    Ive had both, and hilux's and would always go for the landcruiser. Plenty of power and pretty much bulletproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Lurching wrote: »
    You couldnt even compare a Navara to a Landcruiser, the Landcruiser is in a different league altogether.
    Ive had both, and hilux's and would always go for the landcruiser. Plenty of power and pretty much bulletproof.

Landcruisers are bulletproof if you consider engines to be a wearable item, a company down the road has a fleet of cruisers(60+) and theres currently 3 of them in their yard with blown sub 100k engines that theyre fighting for warrenty with Toyota, these are well serviced machines that were'nt hacked or abused. The same company has been replacing Cruisers with Sorentos over the last while which they reckon are a far superior machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Get a Landcruiser from before that model. I have a 99, 280K MILES on the clock, not a bother on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The LC looks very dated tho - but if you can look past that, they're good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a 97 LC with 257k miles and nothing serious needed doing yet.
    The 1 KZTE has a reputation for cracking some heads but I think the problem is more with the Auto versions as they have a different rad which cools the auto trans as well as the engine.
    The manuals seem to be far less prone to the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

MidlandsM wrote: »
    The LC looks very dated tho - but if you can look past that, they're good.

yea thats why i was looking at the new model .
    what pricies are the makeing i know a lad that has a top spec 2007 hilux and hes getting very hard to sell it .But then hes lookin 17,000€

bk1991

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

bk1991 wrote: »
    yea thats why i was looking at the new model .
    what pricies are the makeing i know a lad that has a top spec 2007 hilux and hes getting very hard to sell it .But then hes lookin 17,000€

bk1991

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its this you're looking for:
    http://pictures.autotrader.ie/servlet/media?id=10088088&width=400&height=300

and you think this looks dated?
    http://images.motors.net/d/used-photos/38508/400x/0/0/X164YFG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

newmug wrote: »

the 2003 onwards land cruiser looks nicer than the older model wel thats what i think anyway . The swb land cruiser looks nicer than the lwb .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Thats an amazon......not what i was referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Thats an amazon......not what i was referring to.
    MidlandsM my motto is you only live once,get the amazon,nothing and i mean nothing comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not so sure, the 100 series amazon isn't as good as the 80 series before it, and if truth be told the 78 series is probably as capable.
    Independent front suspension on the 100's isn't really my cup of tea, I rather the 80 series.
    There was one model of the 80 series that was badged amazon but the rest were 100's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

own a 04 swb landcruiser
    cant fault it ,and have had no problems with it to date
    can be heavy on juice if your doing alot of driving and pulling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I run an amazon.........bullet proof. I change the oil / filter religiously every 6k.........my mechanic just recently checked/lubed all the seals at 12ok miles....here comes the next 100k. The 4.2 diesels are very reliable.....sump is massive 12litres I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Get a Landcruiser from before that model. I have a 99, 280K MILES on the clock, not a bother on it

We've a 99 one here too, big miles as well, lots of hard work done, totally reliable. great punchy engine too, gets you out of tough spots. Cracked head thing is a bit of a myth really. People love to hate a good vehicle or a good engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The same company has been replacing Cruisers with Sorentos over the last while which they reckon are a far superior machine.

Jesus no, what company is that?
    I worked for a company that had both serentos and LC's. There was just no comparison. The sorentos were terrible offroad and a very soft machine in comparison. Id imagine the engine problems with the LC's are injectors in the '06 models or thereabouts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Lurching wrote: »
    Jesus no, what company is that?
    I worked for a company that had both serentos and LC's. There was just no comparison. The sorentos were terrible offroad and a very soft machine in comparison. Id imagine the engine problems with the LC's are injectors in the '06 models or thereabouts?

Injectors, wheel bearings, front diffs, inner tie rod ends and regularly doing engines.

Advertisement