Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kelehans of Bushypark in liquidation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Oh no ! That had one of the finest BBQ's in the town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Does this mean it will be closing down? It's a fine establishment. Real old school feel with fantastic, simple home cooked food and a family feel. Not to mention a fantastic setting and a great view of the lake. There are not too many pubs like it left unfortunately. I will miss it if it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ah that's a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

ah no, one of the old establishments of the town, even before it was built up - a great place to spend a few hours. it will definitely be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i must say I liked the "old fashioned" kelehan's better tho - the one before the big bbq's and the big meals. It was a great place to head to on Stephens Day - a real cosy, warm atmosphere with the locals having a few drinks, and the wren boys calling into the pub and getting a few bob from the punters. Great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

That will be a massive blow to St. Michaels GAA club, It contains their museum and the team is powered by Kelehan's famous cocktail sausages....A serious blow from which Galway city football may never recover

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

I had a meal in the dining room there a few months back and the food was great. However, apart from those at my table, the place was absolutely empty. That did make me a little nervous, but I can say without a doubt that the food and quality of service was fantastic and it's a terrible shame.

I remember as a kid (late 80s, early 90s), my family doing the annual in-car Treasure Hunt that started at the Spanish Arch and ended in Kelehans with a BBQ. It was a great venue that served as the perfect host to family days like that.

I am very sorry to see it in trouble. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Aww i love Kelehans! Have only been there a few times as i'm now miles away from it, but always thought it was a lovely pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Shame, its a nice spot, hopefully someone else can make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Myself and my family used to eat in there a lot. Last time was over the summer. We were there at Friday at 7.30pm. Besides us eating dinner, there were only two people drinking at the bar. Saw this coming to be honest. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed. They did a great pan-fried chicken maryland :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement