Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

twas a good week for games

have conduit 2 and operation flashpoint waiting to be played through later too, though i dont anticipate maximums for either

im actually quite stingy with my top scores as a rule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Any places in Cork selling this early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, to make it clear: it's out tomorrow?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

My copy is going in my Xbox right now. I hope it's good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Cheaper on amazon, quicker delivery as well
    Found it even cheaper here £27.99, delivery is free to Ireland http://www.bee.com/games/playstation-3/fighting/mortal-kombat-3/

You get extra costumes with an amazon pre-order though

Is it me or new releases really dropimg in price?

I remember new releases were like 60-70 quid. Now most of them 45-50... Even cheaper online so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is it me or new releases really dropimg in price?

I remember new releases were like 60-70 quid. Now most of them 45-50... Even cheaper online so.

If there was no competition from online shops, you can bet that B&M ones would still be charging the earth for new releases! Simply put, they did it because they could!
    Cartridges might have been a bit more expensive to manufacture, but they were still grossly overpriced by the shops.

My rental copy shipped yesterday, but I booked it for the PS3 instead of 360:pac: (no online play)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

anyone know what price it is in xtravision and if they have it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Liam O wrote: »
    anyone know what price it is in xtravision and if they have it in?

€49.99 in Xtravision in Artane Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Anyone know the gamestop in-store price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

49.99 as well.

ITS SICK!!!

right, you wount believe what am i going throught to get this game...

i will spend around 900 quid in rent and bills in next 5 days. after all that i will be left with 87quid ( just counted). Just enought for MK + subway tommorow after work.

god i hope i wount need to get more petrol to get to work all next week untill next pay check lol.

right, you wount believe what am i going throught to get this game...

i will spend around 900 quid in rent and bills in next 5 days. after all that i will be left with 87quid ( just counted). Just enought for MK + subway tommorow after work.

god i hope i wount need to get more petrol to get to work all next week untill next pay check lol.

Bastard. I want a steak and cheese sub now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Up to 123 on the tower, loving this game!

Lamposts wrote: »
    Bastard. I want a steak and cheese sub now.

Italian bmt tomorrow after work mmmmmmmmm!

I hate you. :(

Anyone looking to do some co-op or ranked games... Give us a shout..

GT: Oliver Cole

just came back home with a subway and mk. first stage of my ritual is completed!

now watching southpark, eating sub.

after that XBOX TIME with MK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

just came back home with a subway and mk. first stage of my ritual is completed!

now watching southpark, eating sub.

after that XBOX TIME with MK!

When there was one mouthful on sandwich left, the "FINISH HIM" words appeared, didnt they! :p

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    When there was one mouthful on sandwich left, the "FINISH HIM" words appeared, didnt they! :p

I wish :( misses came back and asked a bite... And you know when you eat sub, you eat salad parts first, and for last bites you allways keep most meaty and fatty bits! So guess what... She asked for bite.. And I was at that stage.... No!!!!!! :(

Anyway I am just off the mk, and I can honestly say - it's fecking apic! Way better them Amy anther fighting game I played now. I know there is argument in mk vs sf4. I prefer mk waaaay more them sf4. Mk is so easy to jump in and play, learn combos etc. Its so entertaining too. In sf4 I was allways getting my arse handed to me.

Love the way story mode is done.

P.s. Scorpion is the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

picked it up there, loving it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Feckin sony can't put in my online pass! :mad: Story mode in this game is absolutely brilliant! :D

Notorioux wrote: »
    Feckin sony can't put in my online pass! :mad: Story mode in this game is absolutely brilliant! :D

You know what's funny? I love jonny cage! He is a dush, but he is a dush you like lol.

I am playing as liukang I think, at it's ****, as I camt get his moves :( my least favourite character :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

what's a dush? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dush is a k.nobend.

Finished the story there today, and it's the best MK story so far. Excellently done, and you get to try out most characters (except for the bad guys, which kinda sucks). I'm looking forward to the Challenge Tower, i'd say it's going to be epic!

Dush is a k.nobend.

Finished the story there today, and it's the best MK story so far. Excellently done, and you get to try out most characters (except for the bad guys, which kinda sucks). I'm looking forward to the Challenge Tower, i'd say it's going to be epic!
    Pretty handy tbh with maybe 5 halfway challenging things thats bout it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

theres a list of all the Krypt secrets up already, handy for just unlocking the fatalities and costumes if you're not bothered about the concept art and stuff. gotta say they went to town with the unlocks and game modes for this, fair play to them in an age where companies want you to pay to unlock stuff already included on the game disc (looking at you EA!)

some of the fatalities are absolutely hilarious. so far my favourites are Jades, Strykers and Ermacs.

do you have to unlock the 2nd fatality to do it? or once you know the button presses can you just perform it regardless?

krudler wrote: »
    theres a list of all the Krypt secrets up already, handy for just unlocking the fatalities and costumes if you're not bothered about the concept art and stuff. gotta say they went to town with the unlocks and game modes for this, fair play to them in an age where companies want you to pay to unlock stuff already included on the game disc (looking at you EA!)

some of the fatalities are absolutely hilarious. so far my favourites are Jades, Strykers and Ermacs.

do you have to unlock the 2nd fatality to do it? or once you know the button presses can you just perform it regardless?
    We not mentioning the old stuff and fatalities some characters have as pre orders??

not sure, just type it in and see.

For when you're doing stage fatalities you can do it with the block button on and release before the last button(stops characters like smoke jumping into the air)

• Advertisement

theres a list of all the Krypt secrets up already, handy for just unlocking the fatalities and costumes if you're not bothered about the concept art and stuff

Sounds perfect. got a link?

No need to unlock it, you can just go into the fatality training to do it once you know the input, and once you've done it once it shows up in your move list. Interestingly though, i only got this to work for regular fatalities, not babalities, and obviously not stage fatalities, they have to be done in-game to unlock them, but like the others once you do them they show up in the moves list.

There's a list of all the fatality inputs up on SRK right here

Anybody know what the story is with the DLC classic fatalities? AFAIK they're only available through pre-order at specific retailers, which really sucks. I wonder if there are any plans to release them as charged packs. Sub zero's MK1 spine rip fatality was excellent., i'd love to get it D

Advertisement