Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SammySunshine

I am so buying this game for my brother for his Birthday and then I'll probably "borrow" it for a couple of months ;)

can not wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sub zero's MK1 spine rip fatality was excellent., i'd love to get it D
    That's his second fatality, not dlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ShaneU wrote: »
    That's his second fatality, not dlc
    It's both kinda, as far as I know it's his one from Mk1 where he runs across the screen rips the head off and half the spine is still hanging from the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Got it yesterday and just Wow.

This really is a fan worthy mortal kombat game. There is so much content in this game that it games like this that justify a full price purchase. still havent got the chance to play online due to psn being currently down but even offline you have so much to do it doesn't even matter.

Shang Tsung fatality is brilliant , basically the joker fatality from Mk vs Dc but because the american version was censored they brought it into this one . Just Magnificent

Currently on 47 in the challenge tower and wow my thumps where feeling the pain last night

Shao kahn mocks you like in the mk2 days and kintaro and goro are hard enough to beat.

Only thing i wished is you can be the boss guys..

10/10 for me , i can see myself put endless hours into this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was watching a stream the other day, and it's just as well
    Shao Kahn
    isn't playable - he appears to have an easy infinite.
    Hammer throw - Player stunned - hammer throw - stun - rinse & repeat

🤪

• Advertisement

I'm in two minds over smoke, I can't decide if he's great of just cheap.

Figured out an 8 hit combo for 33% damage that isn't the easiest to pull off and a simple 5 hit one that includes xray move for 43% damage.

Hmmmm must experiment further before final decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

What's your 8 hit? I found a couple of loops - X, X, Y, Smoke Cloud, X, X, Y. Couple of variations. Once you can slot the smoke cloud in the middle, you're golden. Note: May or may not work online with shaky connection.

My X-Ray opener is combo into smoke cloud - XRay. Timing is a little odd on that one...

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    What's your 8 hit? I found a couple of loops - X, X, Y, Smoke Cloud, X, X, Y. Couple of variations. Once you can slot the smoke cloud in the middle, you're golden. Note: May or may not work online with shaky connection.

My X-Ray opener is combo into smoke cloud - XRay. Timing is a little odd on that one...
    it's A, down+x, Y, smoke cloud,* jump kick, enhanced teleport punch can be awkward to hit, but ya just feel good when it does :)

*you can also implement the air throw after smoke cloud to make it a 6 hit combo for 26% damage

The 43% one is a simple 2 hit combo before you do the xray,think it something like a,y* xray, (guaranteed hit once you hit the a,y part)

*think it's a,y(it's in the combo list near the bottom only has 2 colour buttons and y's definately the last press)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This is the first fighting game in ages I've looked forward to. PSN better hurry ta fcuk up and go back online! am loving using Jade so far, and her victory pose is fantastic :D

Cyrax's scarecrow fatality is full of win :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

krudler wrote: »
    This is the first fighting game in ages I've looked forward to. PSN better hurry ta fcuk up and go back online! am loving using Jade so far, and her victory pose is fantastic :D

Still down i take it. I probably won't be really playing again until Monday. Yeah Jade's win pose is great.

I got up to Kabal's chapter in storymode and got most of the Alternate costumes and fatalities from the Krypt so far.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Still down i take it. I probably won't be really playing again until Monday. Yeah Jade's win pose is great.

I got up to Kabal's chapter in storymode and got most of the Alternate costumes and fatalities from the Krypt so far.
    Pretty sure I'm fairly far compared to most people, have the krypt bought out, challenge tower finished with 296 completed(the 3 shao khans annoy me using ****ty striker) finished story mode and have completed acrade ladder with all of the lin kuei, Shang Tsung,Stryker, Quan Chi, Scorpion,Kitana, and one or two others.

Haven't got online and won't till tomorrow though, interested to see how it plays and how my kombo's hold up online

funniest part of the game so far? Kano's choke move, I dunno why I just find it ****ing hilarious.

funniest part of the game so far? Kano's choke move, I dunno why I just find it ****ing hilarious.

I found it hilarious aswell , caught me off guard when i was hitting random buttons .. :P

I found it hilarious aswell , caught me off guard when i was hitting random buttons .. :P

its probably the fact as hes laughing hysterically as he does it. some of the xray moves are nasty as well, Kitana's is mental, razor fans in the the eyesockets, that'll learn ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Great game, great story mode to it. Only downfall is shao khan, he is infinitely frustrating.

its probably the fact as hes laughing hysterically as he does it. some of the xray moves are nasty as well, Kitana's is mental, razor fans in the the eyesockets, that'll learn ya!

boobs need to be bigger ;)

V9 wrote: »
    Great game, great story mode to it. Only downfall is shao khan, he is infinitely frustrating.
    Depends what character you use, raiden/smoke and teleport chars can go the whole screen so hang way back and let him taunt/throw spear/throw hammer and teleport or do raidens dive, rinse and repeat.

Sure it's not pretty but it's effective

Depends what character you use, raiden/smoke and teleport chars can go the whole screen so hang way back and let him taunt/throw spear/throw hammer and teleport or do raidens dive, rinse and repeat.

Sure it's not pretty but it's effective

i found it best to lay into him when he starts thrash talking , he constantly throw arrows and his hammer at ya and its pretty simple to dodge it. bet him twice with kabal and kratos

also I've noticed that if he just marches across at you as he sometimes will when he dashes you can hit him with a special like ice slide 90% of the time, I think when he dashes he can't block

• Advertisement

i found it best to lay into him when he starts thrash talking , he constantly throw arrows and his hammer at ya and its pretty simple to dodge it. bet him twice with kabal and kratos

I just picked Liu Kang and spammed the crap out of him with fireballs, or when he tanuts you if you're using Scorpion just harpoon him and then batter the crap out of him, got my x-ray on him the first time I beat him, really satisfying way to finish him off :D

I just picked Liu Kang and spammed the crap out of him with fireballs, or when he tanuts you if you're using Scorpion just harpoon him and then batter the crap out of him, got my x-ray on him the first time I beat him, really satisfying way to finish him off :D

Nice, so satisfying fighting in kahns arena , crowd going nuts and guys poking a huge creature in the background

Nice, so satisfying fighting in kahns arena , crowd going nuts and guys poking a huge creature in the background

some of the backgrounds are fantastic looking, the subway lighting effects as the trains go by is brilliant. and the water reflecting on the walls of goros lair. I'm still not crazy about the character design, its always been terrible in the MK games, full of characters who look like they walked off the cover of a bad death metal album but its all part of the sillyness.

Kintaro looks AWFUL though, looks like a member of the cast of Cats was mutated, why's he got whiskers?! I just wanna give him a belly rub and use a laser pointer to distract him, looked way better in MKII.

Also Strykers hat is on backwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kintaro does look terrible, doesn't look scary at all. Maybe they did it to make Goro seem scarier

I do like Kabal, the effect on his skin is cool. Anyone else really imperssed by the sound design? Knug Lao's hat sounds SAVAGE on headphones flying from one side of the screen to the other.

Kintaro does look like a teddybear to cute looking bit dissapointed but everyone else looks badass i love the look of them over the top. Reptile looks sick. Sound effects in this game does sound mental slicing sounds like ripping through meat , shivers down my spine gruesome ;) i love it ....

try fighting 3 of him with only one bar of health using only striker.

On that note

*TEABAGS THE TOWER*

Owned bitch

Just a note, it's all over the place that Kabals babality is F,D,F,Y thats wrong it's actually F,D,B,A

My cheevo for doing all the babalities(hidden moves) didn't unlock boo. Should master smoke today(I've decided he's amazing and not for no0b spammers )

how do you do babalities? is there something you're supposed to do/not do during the last round or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

This is the best fighting game and best Mortal Kombat i've played.

Advertisement