Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

KalEl88 wrote: »
    This is the best fighting game and best Mortal Kombat i've played.

Same. I already playrd mk more, them I played all fighting games from last generation put together.

It's very good and rewarding even for such fighting newbies like me. Did my first few fatalities on my friend today :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The second part of GameTrailers' MK series retrospective is up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/part-ii-mortal-kombat/713237

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Story Mode, nearly breaking my thumb, down and up buttons and leg in the process (a few times I got frustrated I hit my leg in anger). Last fight is torture, even when you do figure out how to do it. As bad as the PS3 D-Pad is, I'd hate to have been trying it on the 360.

Story Mode was fantastic though. I love the changes they made to the story and can't wait to see how they advance it in the next game, and what characters they bring back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Finished the story mode today , fantastic story , was shocked a couple of moments but i was always willing to know what was going to happen next. Only complaint was some of the voice acting was abit bad. Currently now doing the challenege mode on 100 , have bout 50-60% of the krypt complete , so much to do , wish the psn was currently up :(

I am not far in to story. It is soooooo well done for fighting game. It's actuolly the first fighting game which has the story!

At some stages I was more then frustrated. I hate chapters where I get fighter, who I can't play at all.

Played test your luck with my friend.

I loled. The bit where you get to fight with.... Emmmmm.... No hands? Ir at one match I got enhanced armor and my friend got weakened. He was like: come on! I so loled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am not far in to story. It is soooooo well done for fighting game. It's actuolly the first fighting game which has the story!

At some stages I was more then frustrated. I hate chapters where I get fighter, who I can't play at all.

Played test your luck with my friend.

I loled. The bit where you get to fight with.... Emmmmm.... No hands? Ir at one match I got enhanced armor and my friend got weakened. He was like: come on! I so loled

I fought my sister today on test your luck aswell, camera flipped upside down , we couodnt jump and controls were backwards , i seriously cried with laughter , i ended up losing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Anyone wants games of MK9 on XBL add me "RagingHorseBox" is my gamertag

The Hound wrote: »

Lol after seeing your gametag, u don't really think I want too lol ;).

I haven't tried online yet at all. I am still getting my arse handed by a.I.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The Hound wrote: »

Looking for fresh meat Hound? :P

Le Double post! Sorry :P

So, FADC, some of ye may not have heard of them but they're basically one of the video providing groups in the fighting game community (other big ones are Team Spooky and Level Up). Anyway they've done a few character "in the labs" that ye may find interesting.

• Advertisement

I so love this game, but few things just piss me off beyOnd believe.

1. 1vs2 in story mode. Holy **** how annoying these fights are.

2. All those 4 handed bastords like goro. X-ray for 53%.... **** this, plus they spam that earthquake ****.

3. A.I. Loves to spam same moves to ****. In one fight vs milena I died, because she spamed her range attack 4 times while I was in air. Insta death...

I soooo love the story and way kharacters done. I just love jhonny cage lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I so love this game, but few things just piss me off beyOnd believe.

1. 1vs2 in story mode. Holy **** how annoying these fights are.

2. All those 4 handed bastords like goro. X-ray for 53%.... **** this, plus they spam that earthquake ****

3. A.I. Loves to spam same moves to ****. In one fight vs milena I died, because she spamed her range attack 4 times while I was in air. Insta death...

I soooo love the story and way kharacters done. I just love jhonny cage lol.
    wait till you're doing the tower, 3 shao khans on one life bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Any reason why X-ray's won't work for the last few chapters for me?
    I think since Chapter 13 I no longer have the option to use it...for any of the characters upto Nightwolf....don't tell me it's a bug??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Any reason why X-ray's won't work for the last few chapters for me?
    I think since Chapter 13 I no longer have the option to use it...for any of the characters upto Nightwolf....don't tell me it's a bug??

There are some characters you have to be jumping to do their X-Ray. I thought the same with one of the characters. Just go to their X-Ray in the moves list and check.

Only bug I noticed was some issues with sound and voiceovers in cutscenes where the sound skips and ends up out of sync

cyber sub zero has to be in the air for his xray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As i said before, fantastic game, has brought MK back to the forefront where it belongs. The story mode is, simply, the ebst fighting game story mdoe ever. No other fighting game has done a story mode as expansive and good as this one. Fact. Oh, and Cyber Sub Zero FTW!!! All we need now is a cyber scorpion, but thats not going to happen... :(

Only thing that pisses me off is the boss' ability to completely ignore a landed hit and hit you back. That really pissed me off, because you connect and expect to go into a combo, only to be pummelled by a giant mallet or 4 huge hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only thing that pisses me off is the boss' ability to completely ignore a landed hit and hit you back. That really pissed me off, because you connect and expect to go into a combo, only to be pummelled by a giant mallet or 4 huge hands...

Yeah it gets a bit stupid after a point. Saw my brother fighting Shao Khan, eventually he just used hundreds of Low Fireballs and the odd Flying kick. Cheapest victory ever :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Barrington wrote: »
    There are some characters you have to be jumping to do their X-Ray. I thought the same with one of the characters. Just go to their X-Ray in the moves list and check.

Only bug I noticed was some issues with sound and voiceovers in cutscenes where the sound skips and ends up out of sync

looks like it was a bug....when I restarted the Nightwolf chapter x-ray option returned..

now...just to kill that muthafúcker Kahn

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah it gets a bit stupid after a point. Saw my brother fighting Shao Khan, eventually he just used hundreds of Low Fireballs and the odd Flying kick. Cheapest victory ever :p

MK bosses were always cheap as f*ck tho. Think of them like fighting zangief in street fighter. Keep the f*ck away from them and pummel the crap out of them with fireball spam till they make a mistake, then pounce and get some good damage, fall back and start again. On no account let them get anywhere near you.

Shao khan always loved to taunt. As soon as he does, be ready to smash his back doors in.

Shao khan always loved to taunt. As soon as he does, be ready to smash his back doors in.

The difficulty levels really showed how much of a tw@ Kahn is. On beginner he more or less taunts most of the time allowing you to kick 3 shades of shiete out of him. Then, on the hardest setting he demolishes you with that invincible shoulder charge or mallet! Grrr!!!

• Advertisement

No other fighting game has done a story mode as expansive and good as this one. Fact. :(
    Granted I haven't played MK yet (going to try it at casuals first and see if the community will pick the game up properly) but did you play through Blazblue's storyline? That was pretty comprehensive I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Granted I haven't played MK yet (going to try it at casuals first and see if the community will pick the game up properly) but did you play through Blazblue's storyline? That was pretty comprehensive I must say.

its not a patch on this one

mk's is unprecedent as far as ive experienced anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

cyber sub zero has to be in the air for his xray

Thanks, that was driving me mad during his part of the story mode. I was never a huge MK fan but i must say this game is awesome. Goddam PSN.

Its probably already been asked but where do i get Kratos's 2nd finisher and how dod i get the 3rd finishers on the others. found a list on the krypt but it has mention of kratos's stuff.

on the hardest setting he demolishes you with that invincible shoulder charge or mallet! Grrr!!!

Yeah, I always hated that about MK. No such thing as character design or balance for the bosses, just cheap moves and normal rules not applying.

Speaking of which, has anybody figured out whether CPU shang tsung's morphs into everybody else are for the CPU only or is there a hidden move set for everybody to do them?

Thanks, that was driving me mad during his part of the story mode. I was never a huge MK fan but i must say this game is awesome. Goddam PSN.

Its probably already been asked but where do i get Kratos's 2nd finisher and how dod i get the 3rd finishers on the others. found a list on the krypt but it has mention of kratos's stuff.
    dlc, stage fatalities and babalities some fighters have 5 alitys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Great and the PSN is still down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Great and the PSN is still down.

Don't expect it back until the end of the week.

I love this game, but ****ing boss design is horrible!!!

That 4 armed tiger teddy bear and his friend with skull mask are just bull****. I tried to win properly and honestly but it's just impossible. They can just catch you on attacks etc.

Found an abuse way how to kill them... Now I only fight properly vs normal enemies, if I get on of those freaks I just abuse that little tactic.

Such a great game but at time I just want to launch controller in to a wall....

Ermac is one cu*t too. At one stage he just was throwing me around without a chance to recover.

Great game, but some design chooses are just from hell. Add a.I. Which loves to spam moves and you got a rape fest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I love this game, but ****ing boss design is horrible!!!

That 4 armed tiger teddy bear and his friend with skull mask are just bull****. I tried to win properly and honestly but it's just impossible. They can just catch you on attacks etc.

Found an abuse way how to kill them... Now I only fight properly vs normal enemies, if I get on of those freaks I just abuse that little tactic.

Such a great game but at time I just want to launch controller in to a wall....

Ermac is one cu*t too. At one stage he just was throwing me around without a chance to recover.

Great game, but some design chooses are just from hell. Add a.I. Which loves to spam moves and you got a rape fest :(

The fact that Kintaro and Sheeva have air throws [or can atleast grab you out of the air in Sheeva's case] doesn't help matters. I was literally "Oh God. They gave him an air throw. I'm screwed."

QFT about Ermac. He has way too much priority on his attacks.

• Advertisement

Forgot about him, jebus he's annoying at times. But i think thats deliberate, considering he's "many" and you're "just one". I can see him being abused on t'internet. But, according to Boon there's a built in system which allows them to change how powerful any character is without you even knowing! We'll see...

Advertisement