Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I picked up MK today. So far I'm loving it. I never thought I'd be playing a MK game again. The last one I played was MK3.

The story mode is extremely well done. Can't wait to get further into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Forgot about him, jebus he's annoying at times. But i think thats deliberate, considering he's "many" and you're "just one". I can see him being abused on t'internet. But, according to Boon there's a built in system which allows them to change how powerful any character is without you even knowing! We'll see...
    have about 80 matches or so online, only came across ermac like twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Gonna be picking up this game tomorrow, cant wait coz i loved the demo. Only thing is that there'll be no online for me because of the PSN being down :mad:.

Saying that, i presume no one on PS3 has gone online with it yet as its bee ndown since last week!

i presume no one on PS3 has gone online with it yet as its bee ndown since last week!

That's just turned into an even bigger headache for sony in the last few hours. They've just confirmed it's possible that upwards of 75 million PSN users data and card details may have been compromised. US senators are now speaking out against them and demanding compo for users.:eek:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6310386.html

It might be an idea to ring up your credit card people just to let them know to dial up the vigilance on your card transactions for a while, then go find a local MK tourney to play in, because after this kind of bad PR, the PSN is not going to make a peep until sony have sealed it up completely air tight, no matter how long that takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Most annoying characters for me to fight are smoke, sektor and mileena, those teleport moves bug the hell out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I have given up trying to beat sho kahn or what ever his cheating bastarding name is seriously who ever scripted the ai for that boss needs to be slapped in the face whoopishhh

ShaneU wrote: »
    Most annoying characters for me to fight are smoke, sektor and mileena, those teleport moves bug the hell out of me.
    I'm one of the annoying smoke users, he's great, combos that you can't block. That being said I "mastered him and am using ermac and scorpion now too. Two more annoying characters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ShaneU wrote: »

Sektor and Noob are the most annoying i think. Especially Sektors teleport and Noobs teleporting throw move. Scorpions teleport can also be pretty annoying

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

From what I'm reading, Sector is considered very low tier atm. He only had one move that hits mid so you can always be blocking low against him and if you block his teleport he is at massive frame disadvantage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love this game, but ****ing boss design is horrible!!!

That 4 armed tiger teddy bear and his friend with skull mask are just bull****. I tried to win properly and honestly but it's just impossible. They can just catch you on attacks etc.

Found an abuse way how to kill them... Now I only fight properly vs normal enemies, if I get on of those freaks I just abuse that little tactic.

Such a great game but at time I just want to launch controller in to a wall....

Ermac is one cu*t too. At one stage he just was throwing me around without a chance to recover.

Great game, but some design chooses are just from hell. Add a.I. Which loves to spam moves and you got a rape fest :(

Classic MK........

Was playing MK2 there a while back in preparation for 9....and my GOD the arcade mode is impossible.

I'm one of the annoying smoke users, he's great

yep, he looks awesome, if a little cheap. Used him for a while in story mode, and while spamming some of his different teleports and things i was having trouble keeping track of where i was myself, never mind my opponent keeping track of me. Dying to find some time to learn him, i have a feeling he'll end up as one of my mains.
    Barrington wrote: »
    ....Scorpions teleport can also be pretty annoying...

Yeah, it can. It's f*cking headwrecking when the CPU does it with it's 1 frame BS timing in reaction to EVERYTHING. Mortal Kombat is one of those games where you can block and block for days on end, and as soon as you release block for even a split second to do a move, the AI will clobber you with a perfect choice of move instantly. Grrrr.

I wish they had factored an average human reaction time into the CPU difficulty to add to the game realism.

Still, versus human opponents, one thing about scorpion's teleport is you've got all day to punish it hard if it's blocked, so it's risky if you telegraph it. It's great to counter projectile attacks, which kinda encourages airing slightly on the defensive side against him and not throwing too many, but meh.

yep, he looks awesome, if a little cheap. Used him for a while in story mode, and while spamming some of his different teleports and things i was having trouble keeping track of where i was myself, never mind my opponent keeping track of me. Dying to find some time to learn him, i have a feeling he'll end up as one of my mains.

By the stats screen I have him mastered:D

But constant teleporting is cheap....it's when you throw in the teleports mid combo you appreciate him. Plus his ability to mist through an attack is handy if someones starting a combo and you just mist through it ha

on the scorpion note, you can't be defensive against him because of his helfire.

Fun thing with scorpions teleport jump and throw a kick, quickly teleport, usually the person(online) misses the uppercut giving you the first hit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Why people complaining bout shao kahn , hes not that hard to beat just keep jumping over him till he stop shoulder charges at ya then uppercut , i bet him very quickly on hard mode :P

Why people complaining bout shao kahn , hes not that hard to beat just keep jumping over him till he stop shoulder charges at ya then uppercut , i bet him very quickly on hard mode :P
    not on expert?? No0b :P

not on expert?? No0b :P

havent tried on expert yet , but i accept the challenge raze them all ;)

havent tried on expert yet , but i accept the challenge raze them all ;)
    Without using a continue

Without using a continue

Fu** that , i couldnt even do that on mk vs dc :pac::pac::pac:

ha ha ha :D

ha ha ha :D

its a pain whats going on with the psn network , almost unlocked everything in the krypt, stroymode finished all left is the rest of the challenge tower to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hmmm, might have to change my tactics. Turns out that being slapped around the place by Kahn's hammer is not the way to beat him :confused:

Anyways, I've been waiting forever and then some for this game, and it's really living up to my expectations. Story mode is simply stunning. I'm also enjoying the hell out of the Challenge Tower. Tag team matches with three mates and a couple of beers is great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any Friendship finishing moves in this MK?

No, just 2 fatalities(some have 3) stagality and babality. per character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still can't understand the Babality...

Should have brought back Brutalities, but instead of them just going mega fast with the moves, actually make it brutal, like clobbering the head into the ground for 2 minutes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Should have brought back Brutalities, but instead of them just going mega fast with the moves, actually make it brutal, like clobbering the head into the ground for 2 minutes!!!

I reckon they have the brutal pretty much covered with the X-ray moves.

It's embarrassing! getting a flawless victory then babality on someone is priceless!!

So quan chi's one where he rips off your leg and beats you till the screen fades doesn count as brutal to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Is it actually possible to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden in story mode???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

KalEl88 wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden in story mode???
    Teleport by pressing Down Up. Then either uppercut him or press Left Right X. Repeat about 20 times. Try to keep your distance and duck the green spears. When he goes to throw the hammer, teleport. Or if he taunts, left right X (PS3)

You still won't do it first time, and you'll damn near break your fingers, but it's pretty much the only way. God Speed

his flying push thing goes under the spear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am getting my ass kicked in story mode on the tag team matches, was fighting Cyrax and Sektor last night, beat em but took like 5 attempts, gah.

Advertisement