Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's a big change from pointing a laughing which was my usual response to an MK game. I still can't get out of the habit of pressing block rather than holding backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is just ****. I think I broke my controller by bashing it to the ground in rage. 1h of fighting with last boss.

Bull****. Good game, but the worst ever boss disegn in gaming history.

There is no fair, there are no tactics. It's just abusing one ar ather move and pray. Ofc when you win your first match your opponent becomes magically imposible. He will pin you in wall and just good game then. Or open windows which you used become impossible, because he magically knows your location and what will you do...

Seriuosly, how could they do such a great game and such bullahit bosses. Holy **** I haven't been so frustrate in ages!!!!!

Play arcade mode of Super Street Fighter II Turbo on any difficulty setting until you reach T Hawk.

Shao Kahn will feel like a breath of fresh air then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

So psn back up and i got a chance to try the online , and im disapointed once again , fighting games have no purpose on consoles , social aspect aside how can ya play a fighting game with pvp servers , 3 games i had each ine was just unplayable , same situation i had with mvc3, sf4 and mk vs dc , its either no dedicated servers or dont bother at all , its pretty simple so what are my options its a waste alone trying to find a irish person randomly , and again its more of a joke that i picked the lads with 4 bars and still unplayable

Waste of time if ya ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm looking forward to trying MK online. The impression above is disappointing but hopefully won't be the case all the time.

I'm looking forward to trying MK online. The impression above is disappointing but hopefully won't be the case all the time.

Sorry bout that ;), just so hard to pull of combos and try beating your oppenent with lag ruining it ;(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So psn back up and i got a chance to try the online , and im disapointed once again , fighting games have no purpose on consoles , social aspect aside how can ya play a fighting game with pvp servers , 3 games i had each ine was just unplayable , same situation i had with mvc3, sf4 and mk vs dc , its either no dedicated servers or dont bother at all , its pretty simple so what are my options its a waste alone trying to find a irish person randomly , and again its more of a joke that i picked the lads with 4 bars and still unplayable

Waste of time if ya ask me

There's a whole forum based on people meeting up for tournaments.

FGs by definition don't really work online.

No matter how good online gets, ultimately if you lose one frame a fighting game becomes unreliable. If you want to experience them, you need to play one on one in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Gonna trade this on friday for LA Noire. Cant stand the ****ing game. The characters are the crappiest designed ive ever seen, kintaro in particular looks absolutely hilarious, like a cat crossed with a lizard and a clown. I know its only an aesthetic complaint, but all of the SF4/MvsC3 characters look cool, even the silly ones like m.o.d.o.k or soemthing. These are are just bad design, like a 13 year olds vision of what awesome is.

The controls feel awful. Playing it on a fightstick just felt crap, i actually went back to using a pad. Even still button presses feel so slow and un-fluid. The story mode on normal difficulty is an exercise in abject misery. Anytime i had to fight shao khan or that other gimp who looks like an emo version of Kratos my heart sank. Ditto for anytime i had one of the 2 on 1 fights. Finally got as far as Raiden in story mode and turned it off in disgust after it made me fight 3 people in a row with no recharge of health in between rounds.

I liked how they made an actual story in story mode, not jsut 7 fights in a row and an ending movie. But thats about my only positive thing about the game. Its nothing but cheap bosses, ****ty design (wait til you see the beautiful kitana without her mask haha..jesus christ, she looks like the worlds least convincing tranny) and dodgy controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I have to say....the only thing I REALLY like about this game is playing 2 v 2 tag with my mates. Especially when we're drunk. Which is often, so I'm keeping it.

Gonna trade this on friday for LA Noire. Cant stand the ****ing game. The characters are the crappiest designed ive ever seen, kintaro in particular looks absolutely hilarious, like a cat crossed with a lizard and a clown. I know its only an aesthetic complaint, but all of the SF4/MvsC3 characters look cool, even the silly ones like m.o.d.o.k or soemthing. These are are just bad design, like a 13 year olds vision of what awesome is.

The controls feel awful. Playing it on a fightstick just felt crap, i actually went back to using a pad. Even still button presses feel so slow and un-fluid. The story mode on normal difficulty is an exercise in abject misery. Anytime i had to fight shao khan or that other gimp who looks like an emo version of Kratos my heart sank. Ditto for anytime i had one of the 2 on 1 fights. Finally got as far as Raiden in story mode and turned it off in disgust after it made me fight 3 people in a row with no recharge of health in between rounds.

I liked how they made an actual story in story mode, not jsut 7 fights in a row and an ending movie. But thats about my only positive thing about the game. Its nothing but cheap bosses, ****ty design (wait til you see the beautiful kitana without her mask haha..jesus christ, she looks like the worlds least convincing tranny) and dodgy controls.

It's a Vs Fighter, you really need to play against other people before you can properly dismiss it.

Out of all the characters i used online kung lao and reptile i won more lost least with , kung lao has great offence but his defence isnt great , reptile is a great all round fighter, his projectiles with his force ball is excellent to get max damage on your oppenent

• Advertisement

Out of all the characters i used online kung lao and reptile i won more lost least with , kung lao has great offence but his defence isnt great , reptile is a great all round fighter, his projectiles with his force ball is excellent to get max damage on your oppenent

Kung Lao has some of the best defensive tools in the game!

Spin and EX Spin are both excellent moves and he has a teleport. His divekick is also great for baiting out an attack with a neutral or backwards jump and then doing a divekick to punish a reaction fireball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I started busting some heads in this again last night. I'd put it to one side for a while because I was playing Mass Effect 2. So, after ebating through the arcade ladder, I though 'I really must start learning some proper combos and such', so I spent a few hours in training, and thought I was the man! Then I watched some of those videos of the pro tournaments (with Justin Wong and those types fighting... I know none of these people) and I swiftly realised that I am, in fact, very much not the man!
    There is tons of stuff in this game that I've yet to see, and some fantastic combos. One Sub-Zero/ Reptile match really stood out while wathing these videos. Fantastic to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anybody been able to redeem their online codes yet? I tried last night but it was still out.

I noticeing a bug in the stats i shpwas 32 wins 22 defeats now im 19 wins 20 defeats

Pain in the hole but meh dont care

Anyone want a game on ps3 add me boh3mianrhapsdy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

What do the online codes get you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Anybody been able to redeem their online codes yet? I tried last night but it was still out.

Won't be able to redeem codes until the PS Store is back online!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ok so just got online today (PS3) and got a Web Kode to link my game with http://www.themortalkombat.com. Now while the PSN was down, i have completed story mode, went through the ladder a few times, etc, etc but on the My Stats section of the site, none of my progress is showing up.
    I played a couple of games online earlier and thats showing up, but nothing shows up that i have done previously. So does this mean that the site only shows any progress you make after you generate your Web Kode???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Won't be able to redeem codes until the PS Store is back online!

Thanks steveo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jaydan

Mortal Kombat is an amazing game that i like to play every day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Anyone else stuck anywhere on the challenge tower?

Im stuck on one called This is Insane! (rightfully so), where you need to kill 3 Shao Khans one after the other with Stryker.

Aside from Shao Khan being incredibly cheap, Stryker sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Im stuck on one called This is Insane! (rightfully so), where you need to kill 3 Shao Khans one after the other with Stryker.

Non stop pistols shots from the far side of the screen. If he does get close, either xray or the pistol with the rt button for the extra shot

I actually just finished the tower last night. I was stuck on that same challenge for a while to. I brought Stryker into the training room for a while and worked out a couple of big (enough) combos with him. After a few more tries on this challenge, I beat it. Also, that roll attack (where Stryker rolls towards you and grabs you) seems to work great if timed well against Shao Kahn. Use it to roll under his spear moves to get a cheeky hit in.

Edit: Actually, I'd love to see another bunch of challenges released as DLC. Really enjoyed playing through the Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Hi guys i just got this game on ps3 and tried playin online through 48hr pass but it was a joke .It was laggy as hell and unplayable for me ,very disappointed with the game .I have 3mb broadband works perfect with every other game online ,Do you guys have the same problem and if so are they working on a patch to fix it?

Lads/ladies someone plz help me

The last two test your might parts are hard a hell i made bits of my thump already and im seriously willing to rub my controller off a elephant rear end just to beat this god dam challenge tower

Anybody has any advice plz :)

Eh, only advice I can give for the test your mights is hammer the buttons and hope for the best. The last on seems to go through the top of the power bar too, so don't stop when you reach the top.

As regards the online, theothers108, it's brutal! The one player is fantastic, and multiplayer is even better (providing the players are all playing on the same console), but the online play is just awful.

Finally did it , bet all 300 challenge task in the challenge tower , wasant easy but i refuse to be beaten :D

Fair play, lad. I think I enjoyed the 300th one the most. I keep replaying it just for fun.

deathrider wrote: »
    Fair play, lad. I think I enjoyed the 300th one the most. I keep replaying it just for fun.

Ya i agree it was great , still not sure now will i bother getting all the trophies/achievements for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ya i agree it was great , still not sure now will i bother getting all the trophies/achievements for it
    The master all fighters trophy/achievement is a massive grind

Advertisement