Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can you play MK online yet on the PS3? I tried just now but it won't let me until I redeem my online pass. Trouble is the store is still down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Can you play MK online yet on the PS3? I tried just now but it won't let me until I redeem my online pass. Trouble is the store is still down.

Store should be back up next wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The master all fighters trophy/achievement is a massive grind

Waaaaaaaaay too much effort for my liking. 24hours per character is too much like work. That means 24hours with the likes of Baraka and
    Cyber Subby
    ? To hell with that, lol.

im upset what they done with sonya in this , shes alot weaker but im becoming a killer with jade and im unbeaten with kung lao but saying that i probably get my ass handed to me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Love this game, tough as shít though :(

Stuck on Ermac and Mileena I think it is.

Kabal sucks :(

• Advertisement

im upset what they done with sonya in this , shes alot weaker but im becoming a killer with jade and im unbeaten with kung lao but saying that i probably get my ass handed to me :P

Yeah, Kung Lao is my fighter in this one too. He has some amazing combos. I've took a liking to Raiden (who's also packing some great combos) too, but I haven't really gave him enough time yet. I ain't touched Jade... Coz I just never liked her, lol.

deathrider wrote: »
    Yeah, Kung Lao is my fighter in this one too. He has some amazing combos. I've took a liking to Raiden (who's also packing some great combos) too, but I haven't really gave him enough time yet. I ain't touched Jade... Coz I just never liked her, lol.

Lol should give her ago her combos are fluid and pack some serious damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

A lot of people seem to be hating on the Kahn. There is a nack to controlling fights against him. He's handy enough once you get the swing of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

deathrider wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be hating on the Kahn. There is a nack to controlling fights against him. He's handy enough once you get the swing of him.

Yeah he is fairly handy after a while, but you do have to spam and be cheap for most part

• Advertisement

I find teleporting while he's using projectiles is great for getting the upper hand on him too. Also, it usuallu leaves him wide open for some combos.

This message was posted on the MK facebook page a few mins ago:

Due to the recent PSN outage, Mortal Kombat for PS3 will now be playable online without need for the Kombat Pass. This is a temporary solution that will only be available while Playstation Store is unavailable. Once PlayStation Store is back up, users will be able to enter the Kombat Pass code included with Mortal Kombat or purchase a Kombat Pass for $9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Picked it up yesterday for Xbox. Liking it so far, much more love for it than SF4.

Now to sort out gold, to get my ass handed to me online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

http://kotaku.com/5806228/its-nice-to-see-mortal-kombat-putting-skin-on-for-once

Klassic costumes and Fatalities will be available to all soon! Be nice if they were free...

I like this ending alot better:pac::pac:

Bah.

Stuck on story mode with Raiden.
    Stupid Zombie Jax & co demolish my Raiden.

Felt really cheap taking on Shao Kahn with Liu Caing. High fire ball, low fire ball, high fire ball, EX Fireball, flash kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Be as cheap as you can! The AI is so crushingly unfair that spamming is your friend.

In arcade mode, I beat Khan on hard just using Noob's low shadow kick and the occasional teleport throw. It was painful to watch, but the ****er is just too hard to fight fair!

Mr. K wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5806228/its-nice-to-see-mortal-kombat-putting-skin-on-for-once

Klassic costumes and Fatalities will be available to all soon! Be nice if they were free...

Kinda hoping these are available seperately, as opposed to just in a bulk collection, because I really don't fancy paying for costumes that were already giving to me for free with the pre-order.

Got past those blasted zombies.

Raiden V Shao Khan now. Bah, more spamming. Raidens projectiles suck, and Khans spears take off a chunk of energy even blocked, and that bloody hammer. Oh, and the Xray takes about 11% off the big bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

You don't need to block Shao Kahn's spears. Just do a neutral crouch and they will go over your head.

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    You don't need to block Shao Kahn's spears. Just do a neutral crouch and they will go over your head.

Ah.

:o

Thought I tried that, and they still hit me. I know the hammer throw does. This might make a difference.

Right controller, "Gedoverhere!"

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I made a room on XBL called 0000IRELAND and not one irish guy shows up, instaed a guy from mexico, NJ USA, Cali and not even God knows where the others where from. Wtf can ppl not read

The Hound wrote: »
    I made a room on XBL called 0000IRELAND and not one irish guy shows up, instaed a guy from mexico, NJ USA, Cali and not even God knows where the others where from. Wtf can ppl not read

I wouldn't cop that that meant Irish only. Whats the big deal? People to fight are people to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I wouldn't cop that that meant Irish only. Whats the big deal? People to fight are people to fight.
    Everyone knows what it means. For lag

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Thats not clear at all i'm not surprised loads of randoms showed up, way to fail hound...... srsly nice job.

search%3Fq%3Dfail%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D775%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=846&vpy=253&dur=3174&hovh=242&hovw=208&tx=141&ty=104&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&biw=1600&bih=775

Whats the big deal? The lag is the big deal.
    People joining from Mexico or japan is the worst. ye have to check their profile to see were they're from.
    How can ye say "People to fight are people to fight" when clearly the further they are the worst the lag.
    Now you tell me what you'd prefer? Playing someone from Ireland or Mexico/Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fighting games become impossible to play properly pretty quickly when there's lag involved - on the netcode with most modern games it's difficult to play anyone not in Western Europe. USA and beyond is like playing underwater.

Whats the big deal? The lag is the big deal.
    People joining from Mexico or japan is the worst. ye have to check their profile to see were they're from.
    How can ye say "People to fight are people to fight" when clearly the further they are the worst the lag.
    Now you tell me what you'd prefer? Playing someone from Ireland or Mexico/Japan
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Fighting games become impossible to play properly pretty quickly when there's lag involved - on the netcode with most modern games it's difficult to play anyone not in Western Europe. USA and beyond is like playing underwater.

My apologies, haven't gotten online on MK yet, so don't know how lag effects gameplay yet. Tis my first venture into fighting games on this generation.

But the 0000Ireland still doesn't scream to me that was what you had intended. In all honesty, I'd probably avoid it, as the bunch of 0000's to make it appear at higher up the screen annoys me. But that's just a personal thing.

My apologies, haven't gotten online on MK yet, so don't know how lag effects gameplay yet. Tis my first venture into fighting games on this generation.

But the 0000Ireland still doesn't scream to me that was what you had intended. In all honesty, I'd probably avoid it, as the bunch of 0000's to make it appear at higher up the screen annoys me. But that's just a personal thing.
    The rooms are in alphabetical order. numbers to letters. So people frome france or uk will look for a room from their country. Someone will make a room with 0000France so its seen as one of the rooms at the top of the list and people will see it rather than scrolling down to F. Same with UK. people will most likey not scroll as far down as U for UK so they put 0 in front of the letters. The more zero's the higher up the list the room will be.
    Some rooms are permanently there made by the creators. Like rooms called Netherrealm or Underworld or The Pit or something after these comes the created lobbies by people i.e me.

The online to it is bad. No other way to put it.

• Advertisement

The rooms are in alphabetical order. numbers to letters. So people frome france or uk will look for a room from their country. Someone will make a room with 0000France so its seen as one of the rooms at the top of the list and people will see it rather than scrolling down to F. Same with UK. people will most likey not scroll as far down as U for UK so they put 0 in front of the letters. The more zero's the higher up the list the room will be.
    Some rooms are permanently there made by the creators. Like rooms called Netherrealm or Underworld or The Pit or something after these comes the created lobbies by people i.e me.

The online to it is bad. No other way to put it.

Oh, I know why it's done. Jockeying for position. I just personally don't like it. But that's not a discussion for here.

Still having trouble with Shao Khan. My Raiden sucks. :(

Advertisement